News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

smf 2.0.4rc4 Upgrade failed

Started by wluckie, December 21, 2010, 01:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wluckie

I used webinstall to install the 2.0.4rc4 upgrade and when it finished this message appeared. Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/simivall/public_html/smf/webinstall.php:2) in /home/simivall/public_html/smf/webinstall.php on line 916.

When I try to access my forum, all I see is: Unknown column 'add_deny' in 'field list'

Now what do I do?

cicka

Can you do the upgrade manually? That ought to fix it.

wluckie

Quote from: cicka on December 21, 2010, 02:09:10 PM

After further review, I think I caused my problem by using webinstall.php as that tried to do a full install of 2.0.4rc4 rather than an upgrade from my installed 1.1.12.
Given that I screwed up in the first place do you think a manual install of the upgrade would work? and how do I do a manual upgrade?

Thanks,

cicka

Quote from: wluckie on December 21, 2010, 02:11:48 PM
Quote from: cicka on December 21, 2010, 02:09:10 PM

After further review, I think I caused my problem by using webinstall.php as that tried to do a full install of 2.0.4rc4 rather than an upgrade from my installed 1.1.12.
Given that I screwed up in the first place do you think a manual install of the upgrade would work? and how do I do a manual upgrade?

Thanks,

Overwrite your forum files with files from the large 2.0 3c 4 package and open the upgrader.php in your browser.

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=3.0;sort=subject

Deaks

wluckie, did you get this fixed?  please remember you do have charter membership so y ou would get a direct answer on the charter helpdesk.  I have marked this as solved until you get back to us
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

wluckie

Quote from: Runic on January 10, 2011, 01:24:31 PM
wluckie, did you get this fixed?  please remember you do have charter membership so y ou would get a direct answer on the charter helpdesk.  I have marked this as solved until you get back to us

Yes, thanks. I did get this fixed.

Advertisement: