News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

I think I may have screwed up on a Kane Krush theme install

Started by LJWDesign, January 05, 2011, 02:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJWDesign

I wasn't paying attention and installed Kane Krush in a forum (http://famousmonstersoffilmlandforum.com/ [nofollow]) because I "thought" I was running SMF 1.1.7. I know better than to assume, and now my SMF 1.1.11 forum is having an issue with logging into my admin account. In fact, there are two of us who are admins, and neither of us can log into the admin area to re-set the theme.

When we click "admin" and enter our password, we get two error messages:

1) Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.
2) Fatal error: Call to undefined function tportal_version() in /home/content/l/j/w/ljwdesign/html/monsterforum/Sources/Load.php(1733) : eval()'d code on line 328

The same thing happened when we tried to log out and we were unable to log out per the instruction in the first error message, but when I went in to give it one more shot logging out while I was typing this so I could verify that the error message was the same, it worked for me. And when I logged back in I was able to get into admin and reset the theme.

However, I'd still like some input from the group here to see if it's the theme or just a temporary server glitch. We love the theme (I did add a starry background and a forum-specific graphic in the header) and want to keep using it, but not if it's not suited to our installed version. And do you think it will break completely if we upgrade the version? Is there some code I can edit that will keep this from happening in the future - like the code on line 328 in Load.php? Or should we give up on it and find something else?

Thanks for any input you can give me. I appreciate your time and expertise.

Illori

kat

It certainly looks that way.

If you revert to the default theme, which you can do by clicking this link:

http://famousmonstersoffilmlandforum.com/index.php?theme=1

Does the error stop?

Advertisement: