News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

installed a broken theme

Started by masterp, January 07, 2011, 03:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masterp

i installed and set a theme that didnt work at all and now i cant revert back to my original theme can anyone tell me how i would go about doing this?

willemjan

yeah just do this:

http://yourdomain.com/path/to/index.php?theme=1

Where you must replace yourdomain.com and /path/to/ with your domain and install location ;)

This will give you the default theme, and that way you can uninstall the other themes

masterp

hxxp:rscanarchy.net/Themes/default/index.php?theme=1 [nonactive]

thats wut i did and got a internal error

Farjo

What's the normal path to your forum?

masterp

hxxp:rscanarchy.net/index.php?action=forum [nonactive]

Farjo

Thanks.

It's strange because http://rscanarchy.net/index.php?theme=1 should be the right address but it just gives a blank page.

Back to you willemjan :D will setting theme_default to 1 in the smf_settings table work?

Farjo

Or maybe you need to clear the cache directory - delete the files starting data_*

masterp

i think i have have gotten it where that link will work but i believe my default template file has been changed can someone upload 1 for me to use? 

btw TYVM for the help guys

o yea now when i use that link i get this:

Unable to load the 'main_above' template.

willemjan

Yeah this is very odd... Are you shure you've done nothing else then installing new themes? BTW are you an admin on that site, and logged in forever? Otherwise this won't work if you have the option off that lets users switch between themes...

Arantor

You can get a fresh copy of the default theme from the Themes/default folder within either the install or large upgrade packages from the Downloads page.

masterp

Quote from: willemjan on January 07, 2011, 04:19:30 AM
Yeah this is very odd... Are you shure you've done nothing else then installing new themes? BTW are you an admin on that site, and logged in forever? Otherwise this won't work if you have the option off that lets users switch between themes...

What version are we talking about btw?

yea im the owner and logged in forever n  have have full access to the webhost

and i believe i overwrote my default theme earlier when uploading a few files trying to be dum n fix this problem

and i install vers 2

willemjan

Ok, then do what IncognitoMuse advised. Grab an new package, and upload the default folder.

masterp

i installed the v2 default theme then decided to check my version in my main index and realized i installed v1 ...... my apologies for placing this in the wrong section

im now installing the v1 theme and seeing how that goes

willemjan

Could anyone move this to the 1.x board then?

masterp

well uploading the correct default theme worked but now it shows my website and only says unable to load 'EzPortal' Template

thanks for helping me even though i was in the wrong versions section

willemjan

That's because EzPortal adds some coding to index.template.php. You should contact them to find out what you have to add.

No problem ;)

masterp

is there no way to just delete ezportal? as i dont use it at all lol

willemjan

Hmm.. I can't help you with that. I have no experience with EzPortal. You really should contact EzPortal about this here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=271882.0

Oh BTW you can use the parser on the mod page to see what you should add in the files in the default folder

Advertisement: