News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[WIP] SimpleNetwork

Started by Marcus Forsberg, January 08, 2011, 01:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorMalboro

Ehm... yes, you totally get me :P

Arantor

Marcus Forsberg

Update, January 16 2011, 07:53 PM: Decided to include webcam support so users can capture photos and include in their status updates. Screenshot of the UI attached.

Matthew K.

Oh wow...nice idea Nas. Looks great.

Marcus Forsberg

Thanks.

I might also add an option to make the newly captured photo your avatar as well.

Masterd

Yağız...

Quote from: cσσкιє мσηѕтєя on January 16, 2011, 12:55:05 PM
Update, January 16 2011, 07:53 PM: Decided to include webcam support so users can capture photos and include in their status updates. Screenshot of the UI attached.
Facebox (or something similar) could be better for the webcam feature, no? :)

the-wanted

AWESOME...keep the hard work

Marcus Forsberg

Quote from: Yağız... on January 16, 2011, 04:05:29 PM
Quote from: cσσкιє мσηѕтєя on January 16, 2011, 12:55:05 PM
Facebox (or something similar) could be better for the webcam feature, no? :)

Why's that? It won't make much difference. Well, the only difference would be that the user would have to click one extra time to snap a photo, and I want to avoid that. Fewer clicks means better usability. It might look better in some cases, yes, but I'm going to enlarge the webcam box anyway so it fits in better.

NanoSector

Can we gets Beta?

* SST gives lots of cookies
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Yağız...

As I can't see how it works the webcam thing I can't comment on fewer click but I don't think that users should click more than now, I was talking about something like Facebook does, place of the webcam on the profile is hummm ugly :P

~DS~

Quote from: Simple Series team on January 17, 2011, 12:01:22 PM
Can we gets Beta?

Can I be a beta tester?
- When I started this project last year I got a stable team of beta testers. Once they're needed, I will contact them again. If I need any more help, I'll let you all know.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

NanoSector

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on January 17, 2011, 02:10:22 PM
Can we gets Beta?

Can I be a beta tester?
- When I started this project last year I got a stable team of beta testers. Once they're needed, I will contact them again. If I need any more help, I'll let you all know.
Beta version is something COMPLETELY different from beta testers ???
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

Beta versions are what beta testers test... and having been a beta tester I think DS knows the difference. What DS was quoting was that Nas isn't going to widely distribute a beta version, through the message already posted at the start of this thread, because he already has a list of beta testers.

NanoSector

Quote from: Arantor on January 17, 2011, 02:30:43 PM
Beta versions are what beta testers test... and having been a beta tester I think DS knows the difference. What DS was quoting was that Nas isn't going to widely distribute a beta version, through the message already posted at the start of this thread, because he already has a list of beta testers.
:(

~DS~

Quote from: Simple Series team on January 17, 2011, 02:27:55 PM
Can we gets Beta?

Can I be a beta tester?
No it isn't. Beta tester test a beta software before it's released to the public.

EDIT: Nijna'd by Arantor
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

NanoSector

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on January 17, 2011, 02:35:27 PM
Quote from: Simple Series team on January 17, 2011, 02:27:55 PM
Can we gets Beta?

Can I be a beta tester?
No it isn't. Beta tester will test a beta software before it's released to the public.

EDIT: Nijna'd by Arantor
I was just joking anyway ;)

Look at this statement:

Which is indicating that I'm just joking :P

DoctorMalboro

It won't be released until 2.0 final, can't you wait? :P

NanoSector

~DS~

Advertisement: