auto delete topic subscriptions...

Started by klumy, December 30, 2003, 01:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klumy

I would like to see, once a topic becomes closed or deleted, if the topic is subscriped too it also gets deleted...

thanks again

Grudge

But if it's locked / deleted by someone and then gets restored (for example admin over rules moderator)everyone who was suscribed will lose their notification
I'm only a half geek really...

pulpitfire

klumy

@grudge,
you mean they won't get a mail.
that's right.
But there is still an entry in notification under your profil.
An useless dead entry, which just cause place

Anguz

what Grudge is saying is that if someone locks a thread and everyone gets un-suscribed from it because of that, if the thread is later opened again by someone, or a mod/gmod/admin posts in it, even if locked, no one will receive an email about it because they're unsubscribed

I think it could work only in the case where the thread is actually deleted, not just moved to a trash bin, cause that can be restored and the same issue would be present... and I can't really tell, but it's very probable that the notification is already removed when the thread is removed, I haven't tested
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Ben_S

I lock threads by accident all the time and reopen them 5 seconds later, think this request has been discussed before and decided against?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

[Unknown]

Obviously, when a topic is fully deleted any notification information is removed.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: