News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Help With Converting

Started by Kratty256, January 11, 2011, 01:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kratty256

Hi all,

I have a question about converting. When I convert, will my SMF forum be gone completely and replaced with mybb?

What I would like to do is make a mybb forum but keep the SMF forum as well. I already tried converting SMF2.0 to mybb and it said that RC4 wouldn't work. The converter was made in August.

cicka

Quote from: Andrew94 on January 11, 2011, 01:10:39 PM
Hi all,

I have a question about converting. When I convert, will my SMF forum be gone completely and replaced with mybb?

What I would like to do is make a mybb forum but keep the SMF forum as well. I already tried converting SMF2.0 to mybb and it said that RC4 wouldn't work. The converter was made in August.

Hello. Are you trying to convert to Smf or convert away to Mybb? If the former, please have a look here

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=4.0;sort=subject

If the latter, then you should ask at their forums.

Kratty256

cicka

Quote from: Andrew94 on January 11, 2011, 02:29:19 PM
Trying to convert SMF.

It was a little unclear to me from your post. Anywayz, the link I posted above should help you.

Kratty256

lol wow got the answer right away:
QuoteThank you for deciding to convert to, or at least test the conversion to SMF. Before you get started, please remember that the conversion will not overwrite or change your existing forum

Kratty256

After reading the converter page a little bit I think I may have stated my question wrong.

I'm trying to convert from SMF to myBB
SMF -> MyBB

But RC4 can't be converted. :/ I tried it and it gave me some messed up stuff on the index.php file, so obviously that won't work.

Any other ideas?

cicka

Quote from: Andrew94 on January 11, 2011, 08:35:38 PM
After reading the converter page a little bit I think I may have stated my question wrong.

I'm trying to convert from SMF to myBB
SMF -> MyBB

But RC4 can't be converted. :/ I tried it and it gave me some messed up stuff on the index.php file, so obviously that won't work.

Any other ideas?

In that case you should seek support at the Mybb forums. Do not you think it is a little odd to get help here about another forum?

Advertisement: