News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

WYSIWYG Editor smf 2.0 rc4

Started by Kmam, January 11, 2011, 02:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kmam

Hey guys and gals, my problem this morning is the wysiwyg editor. Everything works fine until i try to link something. Example: View Offers I want users to be able to click View Offers for this site but this is what shows in the address bar %22http//gooderthangrits.git-r-free.com/view_offers.php" where does the %22 come from?

Illori

the url you provided does not work so we cant view the issue, do you have any spaces or anything before the url you are attempting to post?

Farjo

It looks like the quote symbol " - did you type the message somewhere else then paste it to SMF?

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: Illori on January 11, 2011, 03:30:59 PM
the url you provided does not work so we cant view the issue, do you have any spaces or anything before the url you are attempting to post?

This is the url he provided
http://%22http//gooderthangrits.git-r-free.com/view_offers.php%22
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Illori

after several attempts i get a website to load at that url which is NOT smf, we do not support other php apps here. please provide a working link to an smf install if you wish to get support from us.

Spoogs

Illori

yes and their copyright says
QuoteCopyright © 2007 PointClick, LLC.  •  Home  •  Privacy Policy  •  Terms and Conditions •  Contact Support

which is not the smf copyright, and we do not support those that have removed the copyright either.

Spoogs

ok the OP still needs to check that they are using the correct url in the WYSIWYG editor in SMF

Road Rash Jr.

@Illori
To bad you don't read his request, he is asking for assistance with the "wysiwyg editor" that is not linking properly. And if you read what I posted it isn't the "wysiwyg editor" that isn't working it's the url he pasted that is corrupt.
It's nice that you help people out but it would be even more better if you took the time to understand the issue before making unqualified replies.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Illori

he gave us a link to check... to help with support which leaves us to check out his site and see that we cant provide support because the link does not even show us he is running our software or running it legally. unless they are trying to link to that site which was not clear in the first post.

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: Illori on January 11, 2011, 04:08:58 PM
he gave us a link to check... to help with support which leaves us to check out his site and see that we cant provide support because the link does not even show us he is running our software or running it legally. unless they are trying to link to that site which was not clear in the first post.

So as a support person why did you not check the link? You should have noticed it was corrupt before just clicking on it and throwing out a fast unqualified reply.
Strange, it was clear to me he was linking to one of his advertisers. That's what his post was about.

Illori

i had looked at the link if you read my first reply to this thread, how about we stop this off topic chat and wait for the op to reply as what they are actually attempting to do.

Kmam

Quote from: Illori on January 11, 2011, 04:08:58 PM

Umm why would i be running the software illegally? Its free?? My site is www.freebiecity.net if you want to check it. The site I am trying to link too is http://gooderthangrits.git-r-free.com/view_offers.php so others can view what offers they have. When I use this code View Offers in the wysiwyg editor it dont link properly. In the browser bar it shows %22http//gooderthangrits.git-r-free.com/view_offers.php".. a broken link. I just wanted to know why it was showing %22 at the beginning.. I have had no problems with othe wysiwyg editors

Spoogs

make sure you dont have http:// twice in the editor

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: Illori on January 11, 2011, 04:12:47 PM
i had looked at the link if you read my first reply to this thread, how about we stop this off topic chat and wait for the op to reply as what they are actually attempting to do.

Re-read his first post. It is very clear what he is actually attempting to do.

Spoogs

Quote from: Road Rash on January 11, 2011, 04:27:32 PM
Quote from: Illori on January 11, 2011, 04:12:47 PM

Re-read his first post. It is very clear what he is actually attempting to do.
Agreed

Illori

can you post some screenshots of how you are trying to insert the url into the post? i have attempted using the WYSIWYG editor and had no issues posting a url. we have had some people in the past/present attempt to remove the copyright of the forum.

just because it is clear to you, does not mean it is clear to everyone. I thought the link was a link to the post/thread where the issue was posted at.

Road Rash Jr.

*ignoring Illori's unqualified rants*

@Kmam
What Spoogs said, be careful when cutting and pasting the url's.

Illori

how am i unqualified? i have many times more posts here then you do and also people can misunderstand things and attempt to confirm what they are thinking. I guess you dont ever wish to get support from me, i will be sure to add you to my ignore list.

Farjo

%22 is the " character. Where did you copy the link from?

"When I use this code" - can you put that code between [nobbc][/nobbc] tags for us to see :)

Kmam

Ok I got it figured out. Sorry for the confusing topic thanks for all the help it was the " in the url and I dont recommend copy and paste to other noobs lol

Farjo

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: Kmam on January 11, 2011, 04:45:27 PM
Ok I got it figured out. Sorry for the confusing topic thanks for all the help it was the " in the url and I dont recommend copy and paste to other noobs lol

Glad you sorted it out, and don't feel you need to apologise, you didn't make the topic confusing, it was clear from the get go what the problem was and a valid question. ;)

kat

Can we keep it pleasant, please, people?

This sniping is most childish.

I know this is hard to believe, but even I make mistakes, occasionally.

Topic locked.

Advertisement: