Forum Firewall

Started by butchs, January 15, 2011, 11:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

żεχเ๏ภ

Quote from: butchs on May 20, 2011, 07:15:39 AM
Quote from: żεχเ๏ภ on May 19, 2011, 02:10:46 PM
Hi all. Just upgraded from ForumFirewall 1.0.8 to 1.0.10 on SMF 1.1.xx...

I'm getting alot of this error on my homepage and in error log to do with forumfirewall...
Is this my host's fault? What exactly does "exec" do..? >_> Thanks for your time and help.

There was an issue with some servers that lost or the users did not install the cache directory.  Exec was one method to check for its presence.  If the command is disabled on your server , the mod finds another way to check for the directory.

In conclusion, if you do not see any errors in the SMF error log you can ignore it.

Hi, thanks for your response.

But I am getting an error on my homepage http://mainmedia.me/index.php as you can see, plus plenty in my error log.

So I guess what I am getting at is... Is there any way to disable the exec check function of the mod so the errors will stop?

Or should I contact my host and try to coax them into enabling exec for me? :o

Jason

teos55

Butcsh,

Can you pls explain what "Try uninstalling it using the advanced pane and simulate an older version of SMF"

means ?  Especially advanced pane ?

All the best

KensonPlays

on the bottom right near the last package link "[delete]" is a link that says "Advanced" that's the advanced pane, click on it.

teos55

That is all I see on the "installed packages" screen.  There is no advanced in there.
And also in installed packages browse screen, no "advanced." 

even uninstalling "Sorted Package Manager Listing" mod.

Release related ?

butchs

Quote from: żεχเ๏ภ on May 20, 2011, 12:11:51 PM
Jason

The host did not have to make it such an error.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

butchs

Quote from: teos55 on May 20, 2011, 12:54:49 PM
  That is all I see on the "installed packages" screen.  There is no advanced in there.
And also in installed packages browse screen, no "advanced." 

even uninstalling "Sorted Package Manager Listing" mod.

Release related ?

When mods are installed you need to track the order you install them so when you uninstall them it is not a big pain.  I suggest you try to uninstall each mod until you are eventually able to uninstall FF.

When you install them again I suggest your change the zipped file name to have a number on the end that will notify you of the order they were installed.  ie. 

special_mod_01.zip
another_mod_02.zip

and so on...

If the above is not possible then back-up your database, wipe out SMF and re-install SMF.  Then re-install the mods.  Check out the SMF support section for details.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

busterone

teos55 is using 1.1.13.  Yes, the advanced button is SMF2.0 only ulesss you install the version emulation mod for 1.1.x found
here http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2113

żεχเ๏ภ

Quote from: butchs on May 20, 2011, 05:30:20 PM
Quote from: żεχเ๏ภ on May 20, 2011, 12:11:51 PM
Jason

The host did not have to make it such an error.  Try this: 
Open Subs-ForumFirewall.php, on line 838 find
$ftest = exec("ls ".$ffcachedir);

replace with
//  $ftest = exec("ls ".$ffcachedir);

Cheers butch, problem solved.  :)

Jason

Edit: No more error on homepage it seems, but still getting this in error log... :( Sorry to keep bothering you.

Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
2: exec() has been disabled for security reasons
File: /web/users/xxxxx/forum/Sources/ForumFirewall-Admin.php
Line: 32

Should I remove the line "$ftest = exec("ls ".$ffcachedir);" from ForumFirewall-Admin.php or will this break the mod? XD

Edit 2:

Tried removing "$ftest = exec("ls ".$ffcachedir);" from ForumFirewall-Admin.php...
Forum Firewall ffcache directory is missing
File: user

Now I'm getting this error. I think I'll just put it back <_<

teos55

Appreciate the info given Busterone,

1.1.RC1  behaves like 1.1.13   uninstall returns to package browse menu without any error notification.
1.1.RC2 and 1.1.RC3 lists Forum Firewall in " Not Uninstallable (no uninstall section for this version of SMF)"

Seems I'll perform a manual uninstall for it, should I execute uninstall_db.php  after removal code parts from
effected phps ?

All the best

teos55

I successfuly uninstalled doing a manual one, according to parse instructions. It took me several hours,but worth doing.

All the best

butchs

I am sorry it was such a hassle and I am glad you have it resolved.

I had the same thing happen to me when I double installed a mod by accident.

teos55

Most probably I've done something wrong between installing and uninstalling mods, so this happened.

Maybe it's due to my deletion of spanish related language files and modification.spanish...   files since
I thought I dont need them and uninstall couldnot find those files hence returned to browse package again
w/o any error, I dont know.  Expected a "not found" warning, but not.

Your suggestion numbering mods zip files with apply sequence is a good one, but it should be done right after first mod applied to the pristine smf installation, I think. I dont dare to do it right now, since it may cause confusion with the package manager.

Now , I think everything is undercontrol :-)  I Hope ...

żεχเ๏ภ

Quote from: butchs on May 21, 2011, 07:39:22 AM
Quote from: żεχเ๏ภ on May 21, 2011, 01:00:36 AM
Should I remove the line "$ftest = exec("ls ".$ffcachedir);" from ForumFirewall-Admin.php or will this break the mod? XD

Edit 2:

Tried removing "$ftest = exec("ls ".$ffcachedir);" from ForumFirewall-Admin.php...
Forum Firewall ffcache directory is missing
File: user

Now I'm getting this error. I think I'll just put it back <_<

If the ffcache directory is in your root directory then delete this from ForumFirewall-Admin.php:
$ftest = '';
$ftest = exec("ls ".$ffcachedir);
if (empty($ftest)) $ftest = is_dir($ffcachedir);
if (empty($ftest)) {
if (function_exists('loadlanguage')) {
if(loadlanguage('Errors') === false)
      loadLanguage('Errors');
} else {
require_once($sourcedir . '/Load.php');
if(loadlanguage('Errors') === false)
        loadLanguage('Errors'); }

log_error($txt['cfcachef'], 'user');
}

Problem solved, no more errors, cheers.

butchs

Not on the default theme.

Sounds like something has been changed.

butchs

The FF copyright should stay unless you made a donation.

Those who have can PM me for info.

Smog

I'm NOT talking about removing the FF copyright, I'm only asking for the code so I can move it 1 line BELOW the SMF Copyright, ok?

harry66

Hi,

i have a Problem with the Forum Firewall (2.0 RC5)

After i save settings in Firewall configuration i get some errors in the error protocol

5 times:
exec() has been disabled for security reasons

Whats the problem? How can i solve this? Am i right that the Firewall is not working because of this error?

best regards

Advertisement: