News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Forum Firewall

Started by butchs, January 15, 2011, 11:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattH41

Whenever I try to install this I get

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare make_seed() (previously declared in /home/matth41/public_html/altmarket/Sources/bad-behavior/BadBehavior-SMF.php:601) in /home/matth41/public_html/altmarket/Packages/temp/install_db.php on line 380

Trying to install it again at http://altmarket.net [nofollow] on SMF 2.0. I previously had this running back on an RC, but for some reason I can't get it installed again.

butchs

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

MattH41

Thanks butchs! I'll keep checking back for the solution!

butchs

Quote from: MattH41 on June 25, 2011, 11:25:57 PM
Thanks butchs! I'll keep checking back for the solution!

I just returned. Should have something soon.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

butchs

Some obscure bug fixes and idiot switch added.

R-one - vbgamer45 charges big bucks for mods like this.  This mod is free.  Donations are welcome.  Be kind to the "free" mod author.

butchs

Ooops.  There was an error in 1.1.1's download this morning.  It is fixed now.  Sorry.

Bancherd

Hmm...not sure what happened, I got blank screen when trying to install.  Same blank screen when trying to reinstall 1.1.0  :(

Could it conflict with other mods?  I have

+ PortaMx
+ Bad Behavior
+ KeyCaptcha
+ Join Date
+ Share this topic
+ Stop Spammer
+ Simple Audio and video
+ Tagging system
+ Display signature only once.

KeyCaptcha was the last mod installed prior to updating to Forum Firewall 1.1.1(from 1.1.0)

Thanks.

butchs

Yea,  the version of 1.1.1 I uploaded first thing in the morning had that error.  Try re-downloading 1.1.1.  It should work now.  Sorry, the new SMF filters are tricky.

Chaser98

Whenever I click 'Settings' in admin panel on Forum Firewall, it redirects my to my site index page. I have drupal installed on site root, and forum on /forum directory. Please help.

butchs

Eieow...  Looks like a tuff one.  Here is my guess:  :o

I suspect your paths are off.

If you hover the mouse over the word setting you should see something like:

http://www.yoursite.com/???/index.php?action=admin;area=forumfirewall;sa=settings

The bold part should be the same one you see when you are in the admin page.

Check and see if the path is correct.  Then review: Admin/Server Settings/DATABASE AND PATHS

and confirm the paths are set correct there.

Chaser98

I double checked my paths and they are correct, however I did find this in visitor log...

Invalid Admin
IP: (my ip)

It logs that whenever I try to access the settings. :S

butchs

Seems weird to me...  Is your Settings.php the same form version as your forum?

Maybe you enabled the mod before testing.

If so you will need to uninstall the mod and reinstall the mod.  Uninstalling the mod turns it off.  Before you enable the mod again make sure that you disable "Enable Bypass Protection" and fix the settings when banning is turned off.

If that does not disable the mod then you will need to get into phpmyadmin, find SMF_"settings" and change "forumfirewall_enable' to zero.

Storman™

Hi, when users try to attach images etc, FF sometimes treats it as a DOS attack:

QuoteIP Address xx.xx.xx.xx, DOS Attack!
for /index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10622.0;attach=6622;image

Any ideas ?    ;)

butchs

Why don't you whitelist all your users with more than 20 posts?  This mod is more or less for guests and short time members who have ill intent for your site.  The whitelist is available so that you do not DOS block your regular members.  Go to "Admin/Permissions/Manage Permissions/Membergrtoup" and set "Forum Firewall Whitelist Group" to Allow.

As per the help "?" icon
QuoteThis option will make a member group exempt from the Forum Firewall bandwidth check. This group will not to be tested for Forum Firewall DOS attempts.

The mod will still protect you from regular members who try to hack your site.

Darkness_Black

Hi translating for mod and portuguese_brazilian, portuguese_brazilian-utf8, portuguese_pt, portuguese_pt-utf8 Mod is updated

Translator - Brazilian

Não respondo MP de ajuda, Poste sua duvida no forum!!! Se alguém te Ajudou Agradeça!!!

butchs

Storman™

QuoteWhy don't you whitelist all your users with more than 20 posts?  This mod is more or less for guests and short time members who have ill intent for your site.  The whitelist is available so that you do not DOS block your regular members.  Go to "Admin/Permissions/Manage Permissions/Membergrtoup" and set "Forum Firewall Whitelist Group" to Allow.

Of course ! I knew that existed but didn't put 2 + 2 together, doh..... 

Cheers  ;)

Storman™

Can you advise on how to add entries to the user agent white list ?

Should they be one per line like this:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7D11
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7

or should they be like this with "|" in between each entry:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5|Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7D11|Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7|Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7

Just wondered as I can't seem to get it to work.

butchs

For members you should use permissions.  Then it will check the last used ip address when they are offline.  The UA whitelist can allow more than you want.

It is formatted as follows:
8J2 Safari|8A293 Safari|Mobile
:)

SD-X

I'm assuming since this mod is compatible with Stop Spammer and Bad Behavior, it should be, but is this also compatible with Mod httpBL?

Advertisement: