Forum Firewall

Started by butchs, January 15, 2011, 11:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drover

Where do I find the language file?  Thanks!

butchs

In your theme/language directory.

Do a search.  This is a common error from either a manual installation or another less tested mod.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

societyofrobots

A user reported to me that when attempted to posted this link in my forum:
http://www.atmel.com/PFResults.aspx#%28data:%28area:%27%27,category:%2734864[33180[33085]]%27,pm:!%28%28i:8238,v:!%280,16%29%29,%28i:8394,v:!%280,17%29%29,%28i:8362,v:!%280,27%29%29,%28i:8282,v:!%280,1,2,3,4,5,6,7%29%29%29,view:table%29,sc:1%29

he got this message:
QuoteHTTP Error 403 Forbidden

You don't have permission to access

/robotforum/index.php?action=post2;start=0;board=4 on this server.

Your computer may be infected with a virus or a trojan. The Firewall has determined that you: Request Entity Attack: %27!

If you get this message in error, please contact the ADM1N and provide the date and time of this message.

He said removing the link resolved the issue. I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed or not, so I'm just letting you know of the issue. I was unable to repeat the error, perhaps because I'm using an admin account?

butchs

He can post without the URL encoding of the ASCII character.  The safest thing to do is to strip down the link and give instructions to the URL encoded section.

Ie instead of providing a link to a nasty search link to a result:
http://www.atmel.com/devices/AT90CAN128.aspx
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

adamanto75

Hey Everybody

I get this error when I install this mod.

// ForumFirewall Start $txt['permissionname_forumfirewall_goodgroup'] = 'Forum Firewall Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_forumfirewall_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from the Forum Firewall bandwidth check. This group will not to be tested for Forum Firewall DOS attempts.'; // ForumFirewall End

What does this mean, and how do I fix this?

Thanks In Advance

Adamanto75

butchs

Trevor Hale

Maybe I am missing something here, or possible a difference in Language translation but my question is....  When using the Mod for a week in testing mode. I see lots of action in the visitors log.  However, when I turn blocking on (Hence enabling the forum firewall) Do I leave the testing mode checked or unchecked?  I figure Testing mode unchecked and blocking mode on, enables the forum firewall.  I Have logging on, but I still don't see anything in the (Visitor log anymore) nor am I seeing any bans being added in the ban log. I am also running in conjunction with the bad behavior mod, and perhaps it is acting before the firewall is, in either case, I just want to ensure the mod is working properly.  I love it, and I feel it is going to be a great addition to my forum.  "Note" Bad behavior is awesome as well, and has blocked over 209 events since last night at 10pm.

Running SMF2.0.2  Thanks for your response in advance.

Best regards,

Trevor Hale

butchs

If you enable testing and block violations you will block everyone in the visitor log.

Trevor Hale

Perfect,  Thank you. 

Am I correct that Bad behavior will stop 90% of it and the firewall catches anything that it misses?

Thanks again.

Trev

butchs

I use several anti-spam mods/ methods.  I listed them somewhere in one of my threads.  But I make no guarantees for my methods.  All I can tell you is that my bandwidth is under control and I may see one spammer a year.

Trevor Hale

I DId see your list, and I appreciate your efforts.  These are amazing mods.  In any case, thank you for your time.

butchs

Turt

hi, before this mod used to work, but for some reason i get the following message on the top of every page on my smf 2.0.2 forum.

"// ForumFirewall Start $txt['permissionname_forumfirewall_goodgroup'] = 'Forum Firewall Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_forumfirewall_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from the Forum Firewall bandwidth check. This group will not to be tested for Forum Firewall DOS attempts.'; // ForumFirewall End "

Can someone tell me how to fix it? or can they fix it for me, and give me a "bug-free" link of this mod?

- thanks to the mod maker as well, for making such a wonderful mod  ;)
- my theme is: "Insidious II" with some simple edit with the forum rank images.

butchs

Your error has nothing to do with this mod.  You added another mod after installing this mod that did not properly close "?>" in the language file "modifications.english.php".  Uninstall the last installed mod and ask the author to fix the bad code.

TradeZone.fr

Texan78

Is there any kind of docs that describes the settings in more detail?

-Thanks

butchs

There is built in help.  Click on the ? in the admin panel.

Plus if you search this thread for the word HELP you will see some detailed mini-tutorials.
:)

blandickclara

firewall protection is important of your system and it is protect your system from virus.

Texan78

Quote from: butchs on May 25, 2012, 06:53:39 AM
There is built in help.  Click on the ? in the admin panel.

Plus if you search this thread for the word HELP you will see some detailed mini-tutorials.
:)

Doh! I keep forgetting about those things! Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Texan78

I am getting email alerts which I set up so I can test and monitor this before actually setting it to ban. I am getting DOS Attack notifications from links that are valid links, or does that mean those are the links they are attempting the hack?

Advertisement: