News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Customizable Home Button

Started by Matthew K., January 15, 2011, 12:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Link to Mod

Customizable Home Button

Author: Labradoodle-360
Latest Version: 1.0
Compatible With SMF: 2.0 RC3, 2.0 RC4

Summary

I have seen quite a few requests around lately to add a home button - Which links to their ACTUAL website outside of their forum, so I decided to write up a quick and easy way to do that with no coding necessary. In addition, it is coded fully Source side, so it should work with ALL themes right out of the package!

Simply go to Admin > Management > Modification Settings > Miscellaneous > And enter a URL in "Home Button URL"

By entering a home button URL, you still don't lose a button to your main forum!

Only by request will I make update this mod.

Languages

Version 1.0 Changelog

+) First Release

Files modified by Customizable Home Button 1.0

SMF 2.0 RC3, SMF 2.0 RC4
Source Files (./Sources)

• ManageSettings.php
  • Subs.php
Language Files (./Themes/default/languages)

• Help.english.php
  • Modifications.english.php

Link to Mod | Support Labradoodle-360

WhiteEagle

I hate to quibble, but when I installed this on a new site recently (forums for a link directory site I run), I would get an error referring to line 373 in Subs/ManageSettings.php when I tried accessing Core Features, Features and Options, or Modification Settings.

I was running 2.0 RC5 (with it set to emulate RC4) with only 3 other mods - FB Connect, Ad Manager, and I forget the last one. All were installing without errors.
I fold for team 52482. Do you Fold@Home?
SMF powered sites: Leet Link LeetSpace.com

Matthew K.

Attach your ManageSettings.php.

WhiteEagle

I have attached it to this post:

The exact error is:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/foodrati/public_html/leetlink.com/forums/Sources/ManageSettings.phpon line 373

Mods installed: FB Connect, Facebook Like, Ad Management, and Customizable Home Button

Matthew K.

It's not a problem with the Customizable Home Button mod.

Take a peak at lines 372-380, it's an issue I've seen before with the Arcade.

But, I went ahead and fixed it for you anyways, use the attached file.

WhiteEagle

Thanks, but I don't have no arcade installed. Must be one of the other mods then.

Matthew K.

No...look at the lines I told you to, of your old file.

The code was
// Anyone who would like to add a core feature?
call_integration_hook('integrate_core_features', array(&$core_features)

// arcade = arcade (makes sense, right?)
'arcade' => array(
'url' => 'action=admin;area=arcade',
'settings' => array(
'arcadeEnabled' => 1,
),
),

);

That arcade array piece should have been in the $core_features array ABOVE the integration hook, it's an edit that breaks due to installing the Arcade using Version Emulate for SMF 2.0 RC5.

It also breaks the integration hook.

WhiteEagle

Thanks again.

I might point this out to Niko and Sckilled so they can fix it in their latest version. ;)

Matthew K.

I'm sure they'll fix it. It's just a version compatibility issue.

As long as they check their edits from RC3 to RC5 (which I'm sure they will), they'll see it.

But there's no harm in pointing it out, for sure.

dougiefresh

Thank you for the wonderful mod!  I thought I'd let everybody know that when I updated my forum from 2.0 RC5 to 2.0 Gold, I had to reinstall all my mods.  This mod installed without issues and using 2.0 RC4 emulation.  Hope this info helps someone!

fwitt

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 27, 2011, 04:06:37 PM
I'm sure they'll fix it. It's just a version compatibility issue.

As long as they check their edits from RC3 to RC5 (which I'm sure they will), they'll see it.

But there's no harm in pointing it out, for sure.

added this to the arcades issue tracker so I remember to check out which arcade versions it affects.
http://smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?issue=483.com2111#com918

PaintChip

Can anyone tell me how to make this mod work on 2.02?  Thank you!

Matthew K.

Go to Package Manager -> Advanced and enter "SMF 2.0 RC4" and then try to install the modification, it should work.

Exodus111

I need exactly this, but its not compatible with 2.0.2

U say go to package manager and then...? There is no Advanced tab...

-Exo

Matthew K.

It is compatible with SMF 2.0.2 using Version Emulate. There isn't an Advanced TAB, it's a link at the bottom of the page. Use "Ctrl F." for "Advanced" if you can't locate it.

Matthew K.

You posted in the wrong topic dude, this is the Customizable Home Button support topic.

Jed C

Great mod but just one question. would it be possible to stop it opening a new tab in the browser ?

Matthew K.

Open Subs.php change "'target' => '_blank'," to "'target' => '_self',". For the 'home' menu item.

Jed C

worked like a charm  8) thank you  ;D

Matthew K.

Advertisement: