News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Add Join Date : to each members reply in topic view

Started by tinoest, January 15, 2011, 12:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikeman

tinoest

Quote from: pikeman on March 05, 2022, 06:45:58 AMHello, is a modification for 2.1 planned?

I didn't realise people still used this mod! I'll look to get an update done for SMF 2.1 shortly.

Try the attached You cannot view this attachment.

pikeman

Shades.

Quote from: tinoest on March 06, 2022, 07:59:37 AM
Quote from: pikeman on March 05, 2022, 06:45:58 AMHello, is a modification for 2.1 planned?

I didn't realise people still used this mod! I'll look to get an update done for SMF 2.1 shortly.

Try the attached You cannot view this attachment.
Works great and also works with the Relative Time Format mod. ;)
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

WolfJ

Hello.

Just wanted to ask as I've spent the past two days pulling apart this mod if there is a way to change it from "Date" Registered" to "Joined" on the forum posts as the latter just is too big and causes the text to go onto the next line.

Thanks 

Chewing on Cyanide

Kindred

No need to pull apart code.
All language strings are in language files -- either specific to the mod or in modifications.english.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tinoest

Quote from: WolfJ on August 21, 2022, 12:32:01 PMHello.

Just wanted to ask as I've spent the past two days pulling apart this mod if there is a way to change it from "Date" Registered" to "Joined" on the forum posts as the latter just is too big and causes the text to go onto the next line.

Thanks 

This mod should say Join Date, it's defined in Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

WolfJ

Quote from: tinoest on August 21, 2022, 02:23:36 PM
Quote from: WolfJ on August 21, 2022, 12:32:01 PMHello.

Thanks 

This mod should say Join Date, it's defined in
Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

Okay I've just checked and it's there as it should be, even I use a custom theme that shouldn't break it I don't think.

I tried to reinstall the mod but my package manager says this is missing.

// Show users join date?
            if (!empty($modSettings['display_join_date']) && !empty($message['member']['joined']))
                echo '
                            <li>', $txt['date_registered'], ': ', $message['member']['joined'], '</li>';

// Show avatars, images, etc.?

Sorry if I seem really dumb or stupid I'm just trying to figure out a way to solve this problem. Thanks

Chewing on Cyanide

Kindred

you mean it shows that as missing on UNINSTALL?

Or it shows that the target code, which THAT code replaces can not be found on INSTALL?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

WolfJ

Quote from: Kindred on August 21, 2022, 03:13:37 PMyou mean it shows that as missing on UNINSTALL?

Or it shows that the target code, which THAT code replaces can not be found on INSTALL?

Apologies I didn't state that, yes it's on the uninstall package screen sorry. So not sure if that's my issue. I tried to put it into random places in the "./Sources/ManageSettings.php" file but still doesn't work.

Chewing on Cyanide

tinoest

That change is made in Themes/default/Display.template.php
When you were trying to change the text displayed did you make any changes to that file?

WolfJ

Quote from: tinoest on August 21, 2022, 05:03:47 PMThat change is made in
Themes/default/Display.template.php
When you were trying to change the text displayed did you make any changes to that file?

I had to manually add the code cause it gave me an install error and I had to move it down the file cause on my theme it was showing above the profile picture.

// Show users join date?
            if (!empty($modSettings['display_join_date']) && !empty($message['member']['joined']))
                echo '

Can of confused why it's saying it fails on "./Sources/ManageSettings.php" if it's meant to go into "Themes/default/Display.template.php"

Chewing on Cyanide

tinoest

There is another change in manage settings. Look at the manual edits on the modifications site and work out which one you have modified so that it no longer uninstalls correctly.

WolfJ

Quote from: tinoest on August 21, 2022, 07:10:04 PMThere is another change in manage settings. Look at the manual edits on the modifications site and work out which one you have modified so that it no longer uninstalls correctly.

The error on the uninstall is coming from "./Sources/ManageSettings.php"

Tells me to find

// Show users join date?
echo '

And replace with

But when I check "./Sources/ManageSettings.php" that code doesn't exist anywhere. Could this be why it's not displaying correctly in posts maybe

Chewing on Cyanide

tinoest

That change is in the file I said above not manage settings. You're not reading the package installer correctly.

WolfJ

Quote from: tinoest on August 21, 2022, 07:18:34 PMThat change is in the file I said above not manage settings. You're not reading the package installer correctly.

I'll attach a screenshot

You cannot view this attachment.

Chewing on Cyanide

GL700Wing

@WolfJ - If you're comfortable with making some code edits you could uninstall this mod and implement the Tip for SMF 2.1: Show 'Date Joined' and 'Last Active' in posts and PMs - this would also enable you to set the label/title to meet your needs.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Advertisement: