News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Remove Child Boards

Started by S3NTYN3L, January 15, 2011, 12:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

The installer is wrong, because the files are not .English.php or .Template.php, but .english.php and .template.php - it was obviously developed and tested on a Windows installation where files are not case sensitive.

S3NTYN3L

Quote from: YourFanfiction on July 16, 2012, 07:08:37 AM

<snip>

I've got SMF version 1.1.16 - any idea what I'm doing wrong?

It's nothing you're doing wrong.

I neglected to correct the file names for v1.1.X when I corrected them for 2.X months ago.

My bad, all fixed now...

YourFanfiction

Thanks - that works brilliantly now :)

ktm450ds

I'm trying to install this mod, and I keep getting this message.
"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."
What can I do to load it on my fourm?

Srinib

It should be an issue with the versions. Right now the latest version of this MOD is compatible with to 2.0.2. Maybe you are trying to install this MOD on your forum which should be more than this(maybe 2.0.3/2.0.4). While installing, you need to goto the "Advanced" options and enter your current SMF version in "Emulate Version". Thats should solve your issue.

S3NTYN3L

I haven't gotten around to updating my mods for the new version yet.
I will do so this week.

S3NTYN3L

Wow, that was a long week, huh?  :P

Updated package for SMF 1.1.18 & SMF 2.0.4 compatibility.

Srinib

I installed this MOD while it was compatible with 2.0.2. Now a version compatible with 2.0.4 has come.

Can i continue using the 2.0.2 one? Or should i go for 2.0.4?(ie. uninstall 2.0.2 and re-install 2.0.4)

hcfwesker

Quote from: Srinib on August 18, 2013, 02:57:25 AMCan i continue using the 2.0.2 one?

As long as it still works then yeah.  most of the times (most MOds from 2.0.1 - 2.0.5)  MOds are just updated to list the latest version in the install script, while still having the same code.  I'm on 2.0.4 and still using the 2.0 version of the MOd

stormiecub

Will this mod be updated for SMF 2.0.6? I just upgraded today and I hate the way that the child boards display on my main page. I want them gone.

Arantor

ViewFromTheBoundary

I have just installed a new theme, and having read through this topic Im still not sure which files need updating so it will show on the new theme. Please could I have some guidance

hcfwesker

Quote from: DomesticCricketForum on January 01, 2014, 12:26:18 PM
I have just installed a new theme, and having read through this topic Im still not sure which files need updating so it will show on the new theme. Please could I have some guidance

Just the BoardIndex.template.php file for your new theme.  check the mod download page, click parse, and do the same edits that are shown for default/BoardIndex.template.php

ViewFromTheBoundary

There is only a index.template.php and the code that the parse suggests isnt there

foreach ($category['boards'] as $board)
{

hcfwesker

Quote from: DomesticCricketForum on January 01, 2014, 01:54:06 PM
There is only a index.template.php and the code that the parse suggests isnt there

the MOd DOWNLOAD page, not your package manager  ;)  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2864
(select 2.0.4 in the drop down and click 'Parse')

I get these 2 edits ... attached below.  if any of those files appear in your custom theme, then make the edits.

ViewFromTheBoundary

Sorry that was my point on the theme there isnt either of those files

Arantor

Which means that theme will reuse the default theme's files.

Steve

With this mod, if there's a new post in the sub-board, is there any indication of that on the forum index?
DO NOT pm me for support!

hcfwesker

Quote from: Steve on November 21, 2014, 08:26:32 AM
With this mod, if there's a new post in the sub-board, is there any indication of that on the forum index?

Yes, as long as it's a sub-board of that Parent Board that shows on the home page.  Sub-boards removed from homepage view, the new posts will still show on the home page as new posts, within that Parent Board on the Board Index. 

But, as you should know, sub-boards of sub-boards don't show on the homepage at all, which is default with SMF

Steve

Hopefully I'm reading you correctly. Easiest way to find out is to install this and see, eh? :D
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: