News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

none of the mods are showing up

Started by Jessica., January 15, 2011, 01:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

smf gallery lite has been replaced by aeva lite, please try that instead. also in your website url you have a space, this may cause issues please rename the folder to remove the space and run What is repair_settings.php? to fix all your paths.

are you using the default theme or a custom theme?

is this a free host you are using or one you are paying for? some free hosts have restrictions on what can be uploaded and used on them.

Road Rash Jr.

Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Jessica.

Quote from: Illori on January 16, 2011, 01:02:37 PM
smf gallery lite has been replaced by aeva lite, please try that instead. also in your website url you have a space, this may cause issues please rename the folder to remove the space and run What is repair_settings.php? to fix all your paths.

are you using the default theme or a custom theme?

is this a free host you are using or one you are paying for? some free hosts have restrictions on what can be uploaded and used on them.

I am using the default theme

this is a free host

and where do I rename the folder? I mean in the cPanel, FTP, where? >_<
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

Illori

there is also smf media gallery, which was replaced by aeva which you can see here http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/?mod=1365, also in smf gallery i dont see a lite version which is what the op says is installed.

find your file manager or via ftp and rename the folder. contact your host to make sure they do support installing mods, they may have a limit on it.

Road Rash Jr.

Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

NanoSector

Quote from: jchen on January 16, 2011, 12:57:55 PM
so if they CHOWN and CHMOD all my files, this will be fixed? the settings will appear?
Yes, most likely they will.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Jessica.

@Illori

you said that the spaces in the url causes some issues, well I just realized another forum that uses SMF 1.1.12 have spaces too and the mods' settings there appear

but I'll still rename the folder anyways

edit: removed spaces. settings still not appearing

Road Rash Jr.

Spaces in the url have nothing to do with your issue. Though I did notice the first mod you listed (Mimetex) is not RC4 compatable. It's possible that installing this caused errors that affected your display issues and the installation of other mods.

Jessica.

the first one I installed was Global Headers Footers though.......

oh and now I can't get to the directory in Filezilla because I removed the spaces. :S

Road Rash Jr.

As you forum is relatively new, I would suggest starting over from scratch. Install 1 mod at a time and test it to make sure it is functioning properly before installing another.

If any errors come up during the install of mods, stop, do not install. Get help.

The other alternative is to unpack the smf you downloaded then ftp everything BUT the install script to your server. It will be just like new and you can re-install the mods.

Jessica.

NanoSector

Hello jchen, do you still require help?

If not, hit that huge green button below that says 'mark topic solved' ;)
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Jessica.

I CHOWNed the files or whatever........now I Chmod them to make them writable? remind me again....all packages to 775? 777?

Quote from: Road Rash on January 16, 2011, 04:35:59 PM
As you forum is relatively new, I would suggest starting over from scratch. Install 1 mod at a time and test it to make sure it is functioning properly before installing another.

If any errors come up during the install of mods, stop, do not install. Get help.

The other alternative is to unpack the smf you downloaded then ftp everything BUT the install script to your server. It will be just like new and you can re-install the mods.

wait how do I start over from scratch? All my topics will be gone right?

Illori

this link may be some help, if you need further help you can try google to get more detailed information.

How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

Jessica.

okay I realized something. I went to uninstall all my mods. Every single one had an error. I went to uninstall one manually and I found that the file edits were never made when I installed it, if that makes any sense

for example

TopicStarter Mod

Replace   ./Themes/default/Display.template.php   Test failed

Find
echo '
            <tr style="line-height:7px;">
            <td align="center" class="windowbg"><strong>', $txt['status'],'</strong></td>
            <td align="left" class="windowbg"><strong>', $txt['board'],'</strong></td>
            <td align="center" class="windowbg"><strong>', $txt['topics'],'</strong></td>
            <td align="center" class="windowbg"><strong>', $txt['posts'],'</strong></td>
            <td align="center" class="windowbg"><strong>', $txt['last_post'],'</strong></td>
            </tr>';
foreach ($context['boards'] as $board)

and Replace

foreach ($context['boards'] as $board)

I couldn't find the 'Find' part.

could this be why the settings for the mods never showed up?

Jessica.

okay I tried to manually install Global Headers Footers. I did the instructions and the Global Headers Footers tab showed in Admin but when I clicked on it I got this:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/u732431303/public_html/smf_2-0-rc4_install (3)/Sources/globalhf2.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/u732431303/public_html/smf_2-0-rc4_install (3)/Sources/Admin.php on line 521

I don't know what I did wrong

NanoSector

Quote from: jchen on January 22, 2011, 11:38:52 AM
okay I tried to manually install Global Headers Footers. I did the instructions and the Global Headers Footers tab showed in Admin but when I clicked on it I got this:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/u732431303/public_html/smf_2-0-rc4_install (3)/Sources/globalhf2.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/u732431303/public_html/smf_2-0-rc4_install (3)/Sources/Admin.php on line 521

I don't know what I did wrong
Download the package to your computer, extract it, and upload globalhf2.php to your Sources directory.
In some cases it can occur that the file is found in the Sources folder of the package.

Jessica.

did that

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'globalhf2' template.

But I uploaded that to Sources

NanoSector

Quote from: jchen on January 22, 2011, 12:21:28 PM
did that

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'globalhf2' template.

But I uploaded that to Sources
Check for globalhf2.Template.php and upload it to Themes/default... :P

Jessica.

Now Global Headers Footers work!

I guess I have to painfully manually install every mod I want :/

Advertisement: