Tabbed smileys

Started by emanuele, January 15, 2011, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henrik1782

Hi...

Installed the mod without errors but I can find the setting for the mod in admin panel...

For SmartCat...  I am running SMF 2.0 RC4  ;)

Best regards
Henrik Poulsen
My favorite mods: Forum Firewall, httBL, MessagePreviewOnHover, BoardHover Mod, VB Style Board Index, Separate Replies and Views Column, Realtime clock by Joker, ENotify, Topic Solved.

emanuele

First you have to create new rows of smiley in the popup: if you go in "set smiley order", you can select a smiley and than you can move it to a new row, see:

and you can continue for the third, fourth and so on row.

Each row corresponds to a new tab, then you'll be able to move more smileys at the same time through the edit smiley page (checking the smiley you want to move and select where you want to move them from the drop-down box at the end of the page.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

henrik1782

Hi emanuele...

Sorry for not being specific. I can not find the "set smiley order" and what pop-up.

My favorite mods: Forum Firewall, httBL, MessagePreviewOnHover, BoardHover Mod, VB Style Board Index, Separate Replies and Views Column, Realtime clock by Joker, ENotify, Topic Solved.

emanuele

Then most likely you don't really need this modification at all... :P ;)
If you don't see the "set smiley order" it means you are not using customized smileys and then the modification is completely useless. ;)

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

drhamza

now this is a beautiful mod, thank you very much man

Dumpy

Fantastic mod - does exactly what it says and the smileys are far better organised; thank you for making life easier for everyone using lots of smileys.

One very quick question - how do you change the color of the tabs?  I've tried adding a background color to each of the css elements but it doesn't do what is expected lol; could just be me being thick lol

emanuele

Glad you like it! :)

Quote from: Dumpy on February 16, 2011, 09:39:29 AM
One very quick question - how do you change the color of the tabs?  I've tried adding a background color to each of the css elements but it doesn't do what is expected lol; could just be me being thick lol
If you mean the place where you click when you want to select a different tab I'm not sure if it is possible at all...I'm not very familiar with css, I tried a bit but I didn't get any result...sorry.

Instead, if you mean the place where the smiley are then you can use the IDs of each "tab" that are in the form tabX_elem where "X" is a number starting from 0 for the "basic smile" tab.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Dumpy

Thanks emanuele - it was the tabs themselves that I was wanting to change the colour of.  I'll have a play around with the css and code and see if I can do it.  If I can I'll come back here and post.  Fantastic mod though, really helpful  ;D

emanuele

I tried this one and seems to work.
It depends on your version of SMF, but for 1.1.x you can do:
1) in post.template.php
a) search for class="titlebg selected" and replace it with class="selected"
b) search for class="catbg unselected" and replace it iwht class="unselected"
2) then, in subs.php
a) search for \'titlebg selected\'; and replace it with \'selected\';
b) search for \'catbg unselected\' and replace it with \'unselected\'

Now you can use the css classes "selected" and "unselected" to (hopefully) fully control the appearance of your tabs! ;D

It should be almost the same with SMF 2, except that you have to search in genericontrols.template.php instead of post.template.php.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Dumpy

Absolutely fantastic emanuele - it worked a charm.  For anyone not sure what to put in the css section just add this;

.selected {
background-color: #3FF;
}
.unselected {
background-color: #FFFF00;
}

I also added this under the ul#tabs li a section to make the text stand out more.

font-weight: bold;

Excellent work my friend - I  modified this on RC5 so it works brilliant.

Rifugio

I'm having a small problem with a large number of smileys using this mod.  I can see when I open a reply form that ALL of the smileys are being loaded.  Not just the Main ones but all the pop up ones from the tabs as well.

This makes opening the tabs fast when they 400+ icons have loaded but each time I open a new reply box it downloads all 400+ icons again.

Is it possible to set the mod load the additional icons when people actually click on the tabs. 

I also appear to have two [more] boxes being displayed.  One just under the post form smiles within the box and the other under the pop-up smileys.  I am wondering if this could be causing the load issue.

emanuele

Quote from: Rifugio on February 21, 2011, 09:35:24 AM
Is it possible to set the mod load the additional icons when people actually click on the tabs. 
Try the new version (0.3.2) it should do what you asked. ;)

Quote from: Rifugio on February 21, 2011, 09:35:24 AM
I also appear to have two [more] boxes being displayed.  One just under the post form smiles within the box and the other under the pop-up smileys.  I am wondering if this could be causing the load issue.
Which versione of SMF?
On SMF 1.1.x it should not even touch the more button, while on SMF 2 it should not work if the more button appear twice...I think...

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Rifugio

Wow that was a very fast response.  The new version is updating a lot better thank you.  :D
I'm using SMF 2.0 RC5. 
Attached screen shot shows the double [more]'s which only appears on the first TAB the Extras tab displays correctly.

emanuele

Also with the new version?
Ok, this is a bug, I'll check! (javascript is my enemy >:( )

The only problem is that I cannot reproduce the problem...
Can you post your GenericControls.template.php so I can have a look?

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Rifugio

Sure, please find attached. 
The icon load only when tab is opened works well from what testing I have done.  Very noticeable on slower connections.

UPDATE
Just realised extra [more] does not appear in FireFox only in IE.  FireFox looks fine

emanuele

Thanks for the finding! :D
Fixed.

In the future I'll try to remember that IE still exists. :P

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Rifugio

Excellent work - that's got it :)  Thank you for putting this togther.

RAULVK

Hi, sorry for my English is very bad.

I installed the version 0.3.3 and since then tags from the second does not work the smileys, do not appears the pointer of mouse, and can not be added to post the smiley. Only work, tab 1 and 2.

emanuele

You are right... :(

I'll upload again the previous version, and I'll start study javascript to find a proper way to solve the issue.

I apologize. :-[

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

RAULVK

do not worry, you're doing well is a great mod  ;)

Advertisement: