News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Tabbed smileys

Started by emanuele, January 15, 2011, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZSHOSTING

Great mod! But in my situation, I need to keep the "on demand" loading of the smileys. I have too many smileys to have them all load at once. It causes the Internet Explorer to blink if they all load at once. Which is not the mod's fault. It's my members fault. They are smiley fanatics. So, I can't upgrade to 3.4 if it removes the "on demand" feature.

Thank you for this mod!

emanuele

Please note that if you keep 0.3.3 you will be able to use only the smiley in the first two tabs (if you are with SMF 2). Of course if you are using only two tabs is ok. ;)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

PZSHOSTING

Hmmm... I must be doing something wrong because I'm using 3.3 with 7 tabs so far :o

emanuele

Please try 0.3.5 it should work now. :)

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

becometa

Do you accept additional translations?
Below is polish ;)

Modifications.polish-utf8.php

//Begin tabbed smileys
$txt['additional_smileys'] = 'Dodatkowe emotikony';
$txt['basic_smileys'] = 'Podstawowe emotikony';
$txt['smiley_number_of_tabs'] = 'Ilość kart przeznaczonych na dodatkowe emotikony';
$txt['smiley_number_of_tabs_note'] = 'Wpisz 0 bądź pozostaw pole puste, aby skrypt automatycznie przystosowywał liczbę kart do liczby emotikon';
$txt['tabbed_smileys_tabsnames'] = 'Wygląd i nazwy kart';
$txt['tabbed_smileys_tabsnames_description'] = 'Tutaj zdefiniujesz wygląd i nazwy kart przeznaczonych na dodatkowe emotikony, wyświetlanych podczas pisania nowej wiadomości';
$txt['tabbed_smileys_row'] = 'rząd';
$txt['tabbed_smileys_tab'] = 'karta';
$txt['tabbed_smileys_style'] = 'Wygląd kart';
$txt['hide_more_smiley'] = 'Ukryj przycisk "więcej"';
//End tabbed smileys

Arantor

Btw, as it stands right now, the changes to Modifications.english_british.php would be identical to Modifications.english.php - another language you can add :)

You probably should also add UTF-8 versions if possible.

PZSHOSTING

I'm waiting for some comments from my members, but it looks even better when I tested it Than 3.3. Keeping my fingers crossed. And thank you again for your extra effort! This is a major mod for my Forum. We can't seem to express ourself in words alone. We're lost without tons of smileys ;)  And this mod makes the difference. Thanks!

emanuele

Quote from: becometa on February 26, 2011, 05:27:47 PM
Did you agree additional translations?
Yes of course! :D

Quote from: becometa on February 26, 2011, 05:27:47 PM
If yes, I threw below polish ;)
I'll add it together with english-british and all related UTF8 as suggested by Arantor. :)

Quote from: PZSHOSTING on February 26, 2011, 05:34:35 PM
I'm waiting for some comments from my members, but it looks even better when I tested it Than 3.3.
Perfect!
Let me know if you encounter any problem! (and also if you don't so I can remove 0.3.4 from the downloads)
What I did is simply create all the html without images and then add the images only when needed...if I'm lucky I didn't broke anything else... :-[

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

TTCDebs

One of the best modifications going, I am smiley mad, as is one of my admin, and this is an absolute blessing, thumbs up for this modification  8)

PZSHOSTING

My members are pleased :)

BaghdadGhost

Quote from: henrik1782 on February 06, 2011, 05:57:25 PM
Hi...

Installed the mod without errors but I can find the setting for the mod in admin panel...

For SmartCat...  I am running SMF 2.0 RC4  ;)

Best regards
Henrik Poulsen

same exact problem here. I read your answers and no help. How to use the customized smiley ???

emanuele

Please note that this isn't a smiley set (just be sure we are talking about the same thing ;)).
If you are looking for how to enable customized smiley, mayby this could help.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

BaghdadGhost

Could you please explain how to make it work. I understand it is not a smiley set. It is a modification. in both cases when you install something in your forum you should see some changes somewhere !!!!

thanks in advance

emanuele

Sorry if I misunderstood.

In order to see the changes you first have to enable enable customized smiley (you can find all the details in the documentation, you can start from Settings ;)) and then go to in "set smiley order" and "edit smiles" to create tabs and move the smiley to the different tabs.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

BaghdadGhost

thanks, I will try that.

appreciate your patience with me  :)

abraamz

usefull mod!
I installed it with no errors and it works fine in default theme but not in a custom theme i use. i tryied to add stuff manually but my theme doesnt have a custom file named GenericControls.template.php or ManageSmileys.template.php
Any suggestions?

Arantor

If your theme doesn't have those files, it will use the default theme's. The issue suggests your theme doesn't play nicely with Javascript.

BaghdadGhost

thanks emanuele for the support. I got it working. I just wanna highlight something. I use Arabic-utf8 as the default language for my forum. when I started to upload the smileys everything was fine until I reached a point where the content of the topics, posts, news and PM disappeared. the count was still wright but no words.

after five hours of searching and changing things the solution was to delete some of the smileys that I uploaded.

thanks again 

emanuele

Quote from: abraamz on March 06, 2011, 09:23:24 AM
I installed it with no errors and it works fine in default theme but not in a custom theme i use. i tryied to add stuff manually but my theme doesnt have a custom file named GenericControls.template.php or ManageSmileys.template.php
Any suggestions?
Is the theme available somewhere or is a theme you made by yourself?

I think (since I don't like javascript and I don't know this language very well I cannot be sure) that if the "normal" smiley work in your theme also that modification should work properly.

If possible can you provide me a link and maybe an account to your forum so I can have a look? (send me a PM)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

Quote from: BaghdadGhost on March 06, 2011, 09:29:57 AM
after five hours of searching and changing things the solution was to delete some of the smileys that I uploaded.
Are you using SMF 1 or 2?
Do you remember the codes you assigned to that smiley? (and maybe the filenames?)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: