News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Tabbed smileys

Started by emanuele, January 15, 2011, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abraamz

Thanks Arantor for the hint. Actually the theme is impulse2 by Bloc. It uses mootools for the menus as far as i know.
Maybe impulse2 has its own way to show smileys with javascript. 
*update*
With a search in impulse2 theme directory searcing for "smiley" i found 3 images, and files scripts/editor.js and index.css
File script/editor.js is the same with the one in default theme
could this be  a css problem?

Arantor

No... SMF does the showing of smileys, specifically its own code that doesn't have any external dependencies. This mod doesn't have any external dependencies but something in the Javascript is causing it to be disliked, somewhere between the JS in Mootools and this mod and your browser.

abraamz

when i checked "do not use mootools" menu option for impulse2 the mod works almost fine. (everything is ok but instead of 4 tabs only the current tab title is visible)
Posted a message to Bloc's theme site. Maybe someone there can troubleshoot this.
screenshot1: impulse2 at first
screenshot2: impulse2 after click to a tab
screenshot1: impulse2 mootools menu disabled looks almost fine!

72 454

SMF 2.0 RC5 here. Using your 0.3.5. Changed to default theme, did everything U said, and still cannot find any way to add a new tab. Ugh. I'll just check back for a newer version in a couple of months. Great idea though!
SMF 2.0.11

BaghdadGhost

Quote from: emanuele on March 06, 2011, 09:37:07 AM
Quote from: BaghdadGhost on March 06, 2011, 09:29:57 AM
after five hours of searching and changing things the solution was to delete some of the smileys that I uploaded.
Are you using SMF 1 or 2?
Do you remember the codes you assigned to that smiley? (and maybe the filenames?)

SMF2 RC4 updated

I renamed the smileys to emotions, names, separators .... etc and the codes where assigned automatically like Emotion (1) file would get :emotion (1):

BaghdadGhost

am I the only one with a problem viewing the added smileys and the BB codes with ie ???? like attached

I think its a script issue as someone earlier mentioned??!

Welovea1

We just tried out this mod in our test forum and it's working perfectly.  We intend to install it in our real forum in the next few days and know our members will love using it.  One thing that would make it even better is if it could be incorporated into our SMFPacks Shoutbox, so that when a user clicks on "more" they'd see the tabs rather than all of the popups.  Is this something that could be considered for the future?   Thanks for all the work you've put into development of this excellent mod.

Welovea1

emanuele

Sorry if I didn't reply before...probably I missed the notification of new posts... :-[

Quote from: BaghdadGhost on March 16, 2011, 03:13:28 AM
am I the only one with a problem viewing the added smileys and the BB codes with ie ???? like attached

I think its a script issue as someone earlier mentioned??!
It was an issue, but with the configuration of the smileys in the board (the other one, don't know in your case). I've to admit I don't remember exactly what the problem was...

Quote from: ncvettes on March 06, 2011, 03:18:29 PM
SMF 2.0 RC5 here. Using your 0.3.5. Changed to default theme, did everything U said, and still cannot find any way to add a new tab. Ugh. I'll just check back for a newer version in a couple of months. Great idea though!
No idea what the problem could be unless you didn't enabled the custom smileys...sorry.
Indeed the method used to create new tabs is a bit "ugly"...I've to think about something new...

Quote from: Welovea1 on March 27, 2011, 11:43:19 AM
One thing that would make it even better is if it could be incorporated into our SMFPacks Shoutbox, so that when a user clicks on "more" they'd see the tabs rather than all of the popups.  Is this something that could be considered for the future?
I already received few requests for chats, I'll try to have a look, but no idea if I can do something...

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

mgrmgr

Thank you for this modification, works like a charm both on our 1.1.13 production forum as well as on our 2.0 (RC3 :( ) test forum.

I just ran into a little problem:

When setting the smiley oder it is problematic to set the order after you have already several rows and have to sort other smileys in (thematic ordered) existing rows. I guess a simple line break at the end of a smiley-row is not really enough to find out if the new position is in the correct row (unless you print out the smiley form and mark the single rows manually.

Is it possible to keep the single rows in that form a bit better separated (for example a hrule between the single rows) ? That would reduce my work considerably especially since I have to upload more than 200 smileys into the (up to now 7 - no idea how many will finally exist) rows.

BTW: I use mod 0.3.5 on SMF 1.1.3 as well as on SMF 2.0 RC3 (going to upgrade to RC5 soon).

emanuele

Yes, I think I understand...even if I try to limit as much as possible template changes, here I already modifed a lot this page, so it would be not so dramatic another small change...I'll put it in the next version (that will be ready soon).

BTW did you try the "edit smiley" page? There you can tick the check box next to each smiley you want to move in a defined tab and then use the dropdown box at the end of the page to change the position of all the selected smileys.
This way should be much easier than move the smileys one by one. ;)

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

mgrmgr

Thanks so much :)

As to your BTW: :blush: :ashamed: I didn't find this one up to your remark - sorry. It's working well, better than I assumed. I found (on the edit page) the description (Popup ... ) but that is not a link. I probably overlooked the drop down box because I have to scroll horizontally to see also the right border of that page (1024 x 768 px seems to small for that form :( )

Yngwiedis

Hello...

I have one question...

Is there any way to change the order of the tabs ?

Thank you.
AmityHost.com - The Affordable Host

emanuele

Quote from: Yngwiedis on April 10, 2011, 02:58:54 AM
Is there any way to change the order of the tabs ?
The only one I'm aware of right now is changing the order of all the smileys and renaming the tabs...but maybe in the next few days... :P

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Yngwiedis

I will wait for the next version then :)

Thank you.
AmityHost.com - The Affordable Host

72 454

SMF 2.0.11

Inti31

It works fine - but there is one thing...
How do I remove the tags are shown under the smiley bar? I don't like them...

My forum is RC5 with 30 mods integrated

It's a car forum for Chevy Epica: hxxp://epica-forum.de/

cheers, Inti31
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

emanuele

Are those smileys that should go in the other tabs?

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Inti31

Quote from: emanuele on April 14, 2011, 03:30:28 PM
Are those smileys that should go in the other tabs?
???
I've 4 tabs named Standard, Extra, Signs, Extra-Signs
hxxp://s3.postimage.org/qxkqq7no/SM_Standard.jpg
hxxp://s3.postimage.org/qxfs466c/SM_Extra.jpg
hxxp://s3.postimage.org/qxj36v5w/SM_Schilder.jpg
hxxp://s3.postimage.org/qxhfnio4/SM_Extra_Schilder.jpg

So to create a new tab you've to go to Administrate-forum-smileys- reorder smileys
That is how it works...
hxxp://s3.postimage.org/qxati4p0/SM_Administrate.jpg

to create a new tab, mark now one smiley and then click the last icon as shown in that screenshot.
hxxp://s3.postimage.org/qxe4ktok/SM_Change_create_new_tab.jpg

Greets inti31
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

miDnIghtEr20C

everything on my site went great... i'm on 1.1.13... except for i have no idea how to get those damn smileys to change.    every time i go to the edit smileys... i want to put one group of smileys  in each tab.     but when i change the smileys.... it's always my default smileys that are moving from tab to tab.   not my other 4 groups of smileys i have.         i don't know what i'm doing wrong.   i bet it's something right in front of my face.

thanks for the help.

btw... we are giving away a free xbox kinect, and 2 kinect games on my site. 

http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php?topic=3956.0

again, thanks for the help... i don't know what the hell i'm doing wrong.

emanuele

Probably you have 4 smiley sets. If it is the case you cannot show all of them at the same time, only one set at a time is allowed by SMF.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: