News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Tabbed smileys

Started by emanuele, January 15, 2011, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nax

If you lok at he code for my animal smilies they all start with a # and no < or> is used.

emanuele

Yes, just uninstall that mod (the align smiley) and it will work again (please also report the problem in the support topic).
The issue is visible even simply switching between WYSIWYG and normal a couple of times: all the smiley are wiped out.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

nax

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Emanuele )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

emanuele

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

nax

Quote from: nax on August 08, 2012, 11:38:16 AM
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Emanuele )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

The brackets mean BIG hug, thanks for your help.

emanuele

Ahhhh!!!

You are welcome! ;)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

boo2

I just used the parse information assuming I didn't need to actually upload the tar/gz thing to the package directory. So I edited all the files on the parse information page. And saw all the options in admin but then I worried that it might need that tar.gz for something other than editing the files.

So I uploaded it to the package directory anyway but noticed on the manage package page it shows up (with out) an UNinstall link.

All that shows is [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Does that mean that it's already installed and it doesn't need anything else or does it mean that the tar.gz is not working?? I am so confused.

Ok now I replaced all the original files removing all the parsed edits, then uploaded the tar.gz to the package directory but it has no install link, or uninstall link.. ugh All that is showing is:

[ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Most of the mods I have installed worked with zip, could it be that it won't work for me with tar.gz? Is there a zip version? Or is it ok to just do the parse part and not have the tar.gz in the package manager at all?

I was worried that maybe the file had database entries it had to make or something other than just the file edits. Sorry hope I didn't confuse you too. I haven't had problems installing mods but because I did the parse alone this time I never thought that the tar.gz might have been a problem.

I see I am rather late to the party here, hope I am not to late to get help.
Using smf 2.0.2 and
Ignore User Button 1.0
Adk topic button 1.0
Bookmarks 2.5
Ultimate Profile 0.9.1
Dynamic_Memberlist 2.0.6
SimplePortal 2.3.5
Buddies List 1.0.1
Simple Audio Video Embedder 2.0.6
Default Avatar    2.2 
SMF Gallery Lite 3.1.3
Quote and Split 0.1.2

boo2

Never mind folks, I used the emulation thing in the advanced section of the package manager and got it installed under 2.0 since the install link wouldn't even show up under 2.0.2. Never used that before but got advice else where. So far so good.
Using smf 2.0.2 and
Ignore User Button 1.0
Adk topic button 1.0
Bookmarks 2.5
Ultimate Profile 0.9.1
Dynamic_Memberlist 2.0.6
SimplePortal 2.3.5
Buddies List 1.0.1
Default Avatar    2.2 
SMF Gallery Lite 3.1.3
Quote and Split 0.1.2

emanuele

Yep, that is one of my old mods with a "strict" version verification.
I don't remember any database change, so editing the files should be enough...I think.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

boo2

Quote from: emanuele on August 28, 2012, 08:56:17 AM
Yep, that is one of my old mods with a "strict" version verification.
I don't remember any database change, so editing the files should be enough...I think.

As much as I loved the idea of your mod, it sure gave me hours of hair pulling aggravation. First I got two tabs made but then when I added the third and saved it, it didn't take so there were only 2 tabs. Then I thought I'd really like it for no icons to be showing at all, and just have the tabs full of them, so I created a tiny icon to put in the row that showed on top, then I added the others to the other rows. What I didn't know was that behind the scenes everything was going to hell quickly. I had my own smilie set created by me as the default, but for some reason this mod got it all messed up or I did, not even sure any more, but at one point I did only have a little plus graphic showing in the reply page, then you clicked the tabs to get all the others, that's the way I wanted it. Anyway I started over trying to get the 3rd and four tabs to take but they wouldn't, so I figure what the heck, i would just keep 3 tabs. The I turned my attention to your css you have showing there and assumed that is how you changed the look of the borders and stuff which I wanted to do. Ack, here came trouble. I changed it and only removed the bold items and clicked save.. Then I went to view the new topic and reply page and oh my word.. it was one big mess, the 2 extra tabs where gone, and the smilies were all boxes. I was terrified at that point.

Then I checked my error logs and noticed the errors such as these.

forums/index.php?action=admin;area=smileys;sa=editicon;icon=0
8: Undefined index: 0
File: public_html/forums/Sources/ManageSmileys.php
Line: 1761

forums/index.php?action=admin;area=smileys;sa=editicon;icon=1
The icon image could not be found in the default theme - please ensure the image has been uploaded and try again.

forums/index.php?action=admin;area=smileys;sa=editicon;icon=1
8: Undefined index: icon_filename
File: public_html/forums/Sources/ManageSmileys.php
Line: 1570

forums/index.php?action=admin;area=smileys;sa=editicon;icon=0
The icon image could not be found in the default theme - please ensure the image has been uploaded and try again.

forums/index.php?board=1.0
8: Undefined variable: topic
public_html/forums/Themes/default/languages/Gallery.english.php (main sub template - eval?)

Of course they may not all have to do with your mod, and this maybe all my fault, I wouldn't have a clue. LOL

I even thought, well if the mod is thinking the defaults are my default, then I will overwrite all the default ones with my own smilies and name them the same as the files in the default folder. Thinking that might trick it into working again, but I never thought about the default gifs being embedded into smf and now missing in the database ... I'm just rambling at this point because i really don't have any idea what really took place.

I went into advanced and put it back to 2.0 and uninstalled it hoping it would restore the default smilies in the database or what ever is wrong? But then you just said there were no database hooks or what ever there called in you mod. si not sure what's happening but I do know that now I dont' have any smilies in new topic and reply pages and not in the gallery where you add a photo and description using smilies, they are all gone too.

I'll attach a photo of how it looked when I had it working at least good enough, and before I edited that css and it blew up in my face.

Then the second attachment will show you what it looks like now after uninstall, which is the only thing that went well, actually, and probably having nothing to do with your mod, though I am pretty careful and do a lot of searching before I do anything most times. I do think there might be a problem with that css showing like that if it's not meant to be edited where it is.

Using smf 2.0.2 and
Ignore User Button 1.0
Adk topic button 1.0
Bookmarks 2.5
Ultimate Profile 0.9.1
Dynamic_Memberlist 2.0.6
SimplePortal 2.3.5
Buddies List 1.0.1
Default Avatar    2.2 
SMF Gallery Lite 3.1.3
Quote and Split 0.1.2

emanuele

I'm sorry for your troubles.

Apart from the first that I think I have already seen, but don't remember if it was here or somewhere else, the errors don't seem to be caused by this mod (of course without the full code it's difficult to say).
It's difficult to say also what is going of with the appearance, without having a first hand look at the post page and at the changes you did I can't tell you anything useful.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

boo2

Well I have it Uninstalled and I got back my smiles by deleting them all in admin and starting over.. One thing good about what happened is that I realized that admin already had a popup solution which would have done part of what I wanted which was to keep the smilies out of view until needed. Though tabs is great it still takes up a lot of space on the topic and reply page.

I would have preferred a hide show divide of some kind, right in the page, but a popup will have to do until I can find something like that instead. Tabs would have been great but I don't want any smilies showing by default and when I put smilies all in the tabs I think that might have kept the newly created tabs from taking affect, I don't know that for a fact though. And when I  messed with that css that DID mess things up, the last thing i did was change that css and that is when I got all the empty boxes, but the tabs didn't stick either, and I don't have but a few mods and I don't load them until I see one is working well before I put in another, so they were working fine.

Adk topic button
Simple Audio Video Embedder