News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Tabbed smileys

Started by emanuele, January 15, 2011, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FragaCampos

Hi there.
Thank you for this nice mod. It seems to be working fine.

I have one question, though.
When I create a new topic or message, does the page load all the smileys or just those from the  first tab (the visible one)?

FragaCampos

Anyone? ::)

C'mon... it's a simple question. :P

Shambles

Ok, my basic (forum) smileys appear preloaded when I create a new topic. Only when I click the alternate (formerly "popup") tab do they 'flood in', so to speak.

FrizzleFried

Quote from: FragaCampos on March 06, 2013, 03:25:25 PM
Anyone? ::)

C'mon... it's a simple question. :P

Each tab is loaded only when you select that tab.  When i click a different tab I can "quickly" see the "text tag" of each smiley change to the smiley itself telling me they are loading only when you select the tab...

FragaCampos

Ok, that's all I wanted to know.

Thanks a lot for your help. ;)

Skaty

Great mod!

Quick question about quick reply, how can i disable it in quick reply.  Thank you.

Arantor

Um, smileys aren't shown in quick reply normally?

Skaty

Quote from: Arantor on March 27, 2013, 08:37:22 PM
Um, smileys aren't shown in quick reply normally?

There are shown, but i want to keep quick reply simple like just basic smileys. Maybe i should have ask first, is this tabs and smileys in it effect page load time ?

Arantor

Then you have something else involved; this mod does *not* add it to the quick reply...

Skaty

Umm, i was installed WYSIWYG Quick Reply it is added because of this so.

I thing i find my question, thank you.

Quote from: FrizzleFried on March 06, 2013, 06:25:18 PM
Each tab is loaded only when you select that tab.  When i click a different tab I can "quickly" see the "text tag" of each smiley change to the smiley itself telling me they are loading only when you select the tab...

And thanks to emanuele again for creating this mod.

ps: thanks to all for improving my english :)

emanuele

I know it's already answered, but is never too late to demonstrate the power of a search. :P
Quote from: FragaCampos on March 03, 2013, 05:21:23 PM
I have one question, though.
When I create a new topic or message, does the page load all the smileys or just those from the  first tab (the visible one)?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=search2;search=load;topic=417533 6th result (well, now it may (or may not) be the 7th).

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

dimspace

Finally got around to installing this and having a play around with it, mainly for the fact it can tabulate everything, attachments, options etc.

One small query/question.

how difficult would it be for the subject and icons tab to go.. and for the subject and post icons fields to appear permentantly above the buttons/tabs.

formatting/attachments/options/smileys is stunning as buttons, but ideally I would like to have the post subject appearing all the time (especially on new posts).

So that it appears something like the screengrab

emanuele

Never tried, but something like this should work.

In GenericControls.template.php remove this
Code (find) Select
tab_names[-5] = \'' . ($context['current_action']!='pm' ? $txt['tabbed_subject_and_icons'] : $txt['tabbed_to_and_subject']) . '\';

and:
Code (find) Select
tabs_content[0] = \'<div id="tab_-5_elem"></div>\';
tabs_content[0] += \'<div id="tab_-4_elem"></div>\';

Code (replace with) Select

tabs_content[0] = \'<div id="tab_-4_elem"></div>\';

and remove:
Code (find) Select
buttons_i = document.getElementById(\'post_header\');
buttons_f = document.getElementById(\'tab_-5_elem\');
buttons_f.appendChild(buttons_i);

But I'm mostly guessing...

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Skaty

This mod is very usefull and i want to thank again :)

dimspace

Quote from: emanuele on May 16, 2013, 05:06:02 AM
Never tried, but something like this should work.

In GenericControls.template.php remove this
Code (find) Select
tab_names[-5] = \'' . ($context['current_action']!='pm' ? $txt['tabbed_subject_and_icons'] : $txt['tabbed_to_and_subject']) . '\';

and:
Code (find) Select
tabs_content[0] = \'<div id="tab_-5_elem"></div>\';
tabs_content[0] += \'<div id="tab_-4_elem"></div>\';

Code (replace with) Select

tabs_content[0] = \'<div id="tab_-4_elem"></div>\';

and remove:
Code (find) Select
buttons_i = document.getElementById(\'post_header\');
buttons_f = document.getElementById(\'tab_-5_elem\');
buttons_f.appendChild(buttons_i);

But I'm mostly guessing...

Yeh, didnt manage it.. Left the initial tab as "undefined", the smileys didnt load and none of the buttons worked. Will have a dig around over the next few days.. should be fairly simple.. in theory..

CheeseHead05

I have a simple question,

I have installed this mod but am a bit confused. 1) Being that there is already a smileys folder inside the default folder, how do I know which ones I downloaded? What are the steps to get those smileys that I downloaded? 2) I am using a custom theme but noticed that there isnt a smileys folder yet there is an image folder. Do I dump the smileys in the image folder?

Thanks in advance!

emanuele

Simple question, but probably wrong topic: this is not a smiley pack.

If you need assistance in installing other smiley, you may want to open a topic in the support board. ;)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

MIAUS

Hello,

I have so far used Smiley Pops (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=944) but as this is spamming my error log and also being abandoned is there any chance I can use this great mod with smf 1.1.19? That would be brilliant!

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Daniela

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

crash56

WOW!  Great modification.  I got a little stupid with the installation and setting it up, so it took me a while to get it sorted out, but I love it.  Our members like a lot of smileys.  I think they're going to really enjoy this mod.  Thank you!

Advertisement: