News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Tabbed smileys

Started by emanuele, January 15, 2011, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rk2910

See "Edit:" post above.  Thanks man.
So each "row" in the "Popup" area is a new tab? Does that mean you have to keep the number in each tab to a limit, so it doesn't go to a new row?

Steve

Each row is not necessarily a new tab. The two rows of smileys in my last screenshot is actually one tab. My dancing bananas tab is 3 or 4 rows long on my widescreen monitor. :P

It's just the very bottom one that creates a new tab and you can rename them if scroll down to the bottom which shows all the 'Popup' rows ... again, don't worry about the word 'popup', they're actually tabs.

Btw, these tabs don't show in the quick reply box without another mod if I recall correctly.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Rk2910

ok, I have 3 "tabs" now but I can't get them to show up anywhere - am I missing where you enable it?

Edit:
I attached a capture of the "Popup" area and the "Tab" area

Steve

Sorry, I edited ... are you looking for them in the normal reply box or the quick reply?

Rk2910

Me too. ;-)
I am only looking in the reply page, not quick reply.
Does your "popup" area look like a bunch of smileys (all the ones that used to be above)?

Steve

When I click on 'Set Smiley Order', the attached is what I see.

Rk2910

That's what I thought - they all end up there and the ones left above are shown above the post area.
I think I am going to copy back out the original files and try again.  When I click on the "Edit smileys" menu I get this now, so something is wrong:
QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected 'if' (T_IF), expecting ',' or ';' in /home/classica/public_html/smf/Sources/ManageSmileys.php(989) : runtime-created function on line 5

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/classica/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs-List.php on line 135

I think it's worth the start over to make sure I follow the parse again to make sure I didn't mess up.

Rk2910

Ok, I replaced all the original files, deleted both of the version out of the Package Manager and then moved all the smileys out of the "popup" area moving from farthest out back to the last remaining (first) with no problems.  So I will try it again, maybe tomorrow.  Thanks for your help Steve.

Rk2910

Steve, can you post a code shot of what is in the "Tabs appearance:" area at the bottom of the Set Smiley Order?  Maybe that will help me out??

Steve

I already did, twice. :P

I've never changed anything there.

Rk2910

That area in your images - one doesn't show a scroll bar and one does.  Can you click inside and copy all that is in it and then post that in a "code" BBC here?  It seems that yours is way different than mine and I wanted to compare the two - if you would be so kind.  I'm thinking it must have something to do with why I get no tabs.

Steve

ul#tabs {
overflow:auto;
list-style-type: none;
margin: 30px 0 0 0;
padding: 1px 0 0 0;
}
ul#tabs li {
float:left;
margin:0.3em 0.2em;
}
ul#tabs li a {
color: #000;
border: 1px solid #ADADAD;
border-bottom: none;
padding: 0.3em;
text-decoration: none;
}
div.tabContent {
border: 1px solid #ADADAD;
width:95%;
}
div.hide {
display: none;
}

Steve

Making any progress Rk?

Rk2910

I haven't yet Steve - been out doing more fun things, i.e. sanding the bottom of my boat ;-)

Steve

Lol ... priorities priorities ... ;D

tpgames

This is the official support for Tabbed Smileys and here is my issues:
1. It does not work with 2.0.11
2. Tabs link does not show up so that we can click on it to see a empty tab.
3. It is nearly impossible to move smileys because if I click on the smiley, I do not get the choice to move it to tab because Location does not give me that option. However, I might have a CSS issue that is covering up some option on that original page for "edit smileys".

4. I did find where i the code you would edit the php to make something work for real (not his mod). I had to find it myself as some people really want us to use a mod that does NOT work! And, I just want something to work.

5. I am fully aware that the person behind this mod, may have moved on to another unmentioned forum. (Which I did install, but do not have enough smileys in to even see if it works there.) I prefer SMF. I know SMF, I know where everything is and it just works for me. The mods that do work for 2.0.11 works.

Thus, I am learning PHP so that I can fix a  broken mod that does not work and will not ever do what I need. I need more than 12 silly smileys per tab or we will be clicking through 75 pages, as we will have around 900 smileys or more. Besides, I'd rather have all 60 Kanji smileys on one tab and all my fantasy smileys on another tab, and futhark-gothic on another tab, etc.

Arantor

Um, it does more than 12 per tab as the screenshots indicate...

Steve

Quote from: tpgames on April 21, 2016, 08:25:07 PM
This is the official support for Tabbed Smileys and here is my issues:
1. It does not work with 2.0.11

It absolutely does work with 2.0.11 ... I'm using it with no problem.

Quote2. Tabs link does not show up so that we can click on it to see a empty tab.

Not sure what you mean here.

Quote3. It is nearly impossible to move smileys because if I click on the smiley, I do not get the choice to move it to tab because Location does not give me that option. However, I might have a CSS issue that is covering up some option on that original page for "edit smileys".

When you click a smiley, does the screen not refresh and then show your smileys with a down arrow next to each?

Quote5. I need more than 12 silly smileys per tab or we will be clicking through 75 pages, as we will have around 900 smileys or more.

As Arantor said, you can put more than 12 on a tab. The attached is just one of my tabs.

Arantor

All that happens is what the manage smileys page considers to be a row is where it delineates a new tab, the idea being to make fewer edits to the code where possible rather than making many edits for a "nicer" admin experience.

tpgames

Here is my experience, in a fresh install test forum. those links are still not showing up to choose between tabs. Is there a setting I need to click to enable these tabs?

Forget the below. I forgot to save after every move of one smiley. :P lol (Have a laugh at me instead.)
I had finished moving smileys - Kanji. And all went well there, but when I moved another smiley and pressed the down arrow at the very bottom, it made a 3rd row. Fine. Then when I went to move another smiley, it went bezerko and rearranged all the kanji, deleted the 3rd tab from options. I was not moving the 1st smiley either, in either case. Allso, smileys A-Z went missing completely.

Advertisement: