News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Permissions Question

Started by Uhura!, January 18, 2011, 02:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: Arantor on March 06, 2011, 08:43:59 AM
You cannot have a user that isn't in a post count group...

I agree but you can have a membergroup that is not a post count group. And if that user is assigned to that membergroup they in effect are a user that is not in a post count group.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Arantor

QuoteI agree but you can have a membergroup that is not a post count group. And if that user is assigned to that membergroup they in effect are a user that is not in a post count group.

Yes, of course you can. Except the member is still in both at the same time.

As it happens, that's even completely IRRELEVANT.

Board access in naturally additive. If a user has access to that board through any one of the groups they're in, there is NO way to take it take.

The code doesn't physically allow for anything else, I know this because not only did I recently rewrite it myself to allow this SPECIFIC OPTION, but I even wrote a mod for it in 2.0 RC2 and the code has not significantly changed where board access is concerned.

I don't know how many more ways I can say that you're wrong about this.

Alright, test time. Create a board. Create two groups, Group A and Group B. Only give Group A access to that board.

If a member has Group A, they can access that board. That's it. If they have Group B, it doesn't prevent them being in the board, it just doesn't *allow* them either. Now give them groups A AND B. They still have access to the board. And there's nothing you can do about it other than removing group A from them, which is what removes their access.

Advertisement: