Custom View of Attachments

Started by Bugo, January 19, 2011, 10:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw06

Quote from: lala1 on February 15, 2011, 04:46:05 AM
Quote from: Bugo on January 23, 2011, 04:59:50 AM
Try updated version.

Tried. Something changed for sure. Can you crop a part of the thumbnail in order to make them all same size? It should display it better then.

Thanks,
lala

This is how i did it .. works like a charm
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=421677.msg2949881#msg2949881
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

9083ja

Hello,

I install custom view of attachment package for smf 2.0.1, but when i select to view attachments horizontally and apply then i can't see attachments.
When can i do ?

Regards !!

Bugo

9083ja

Quote from: Bugo on December 14, 2011, 03:22:50 AM
Did you install New Hooks package?

ok, thanks, now i can see attachment horizontally correctly ;-), it can be posible to add a funtion to adjust images horizontally automatically depending on a user resolution ?

thanks and regards !

djoos5

I am needing help with your mod please.

I am running SMF 2.0.2 and I did the following:

- Uploaded the Subs-CustomView.php to my /Sources folder
- Uploaded the CustomView.english.php to my /Themes/default/languages/ folder
- Uploaded the Hooks.php file to my main directory called /boards
- Uploaded the install.xml file to my main directory called /boards
- Uploaded the package-info.xml file to my main directory called /boards

I then ran the Hooks.php and it came up with a white page that says, "Database changes are complete! Please wait..." and nothing else.

I then went to view my boards and all of the attachments have disappeared and the layout is out of whack.

Any suggestions would be a big help.

Thanks

djoos5

Thank you for the reply - and let me start by saying I am not a modder, programmer, or anything. I would say I am a tinkerer with my boards, and I do that with very careful understanding of the instructions that are given in the Mods section.

So, no, I did not install the New_hooks package and the question I have now is where do I install it? In what folder of SMF software? Does it go in the same folder with the Hooks.php file? Does install.xml and package-info.xml need to be in that folder, too?

I appreciate your MOD very much, having used the version prior to your current update, but now the instructions for install are very vague.

Bugo

Use Package Manager for install.

distante

Hello Bugo! thanks for this mod I found it very useful especially when I used with "highslide 4 smf" and ILA mod's.

But, I have a problem with the compatibility of "Custom..." and ILA(http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2481)

ILA mod adds some attachments to the post in self if the user put the code for this, when the attach is in inside the post, the attach below the post isn't showed.

But when I set "Custom..." in Default, all work fine, but if I set it to display the attachments in horizontal way, all the attachments are showed. Since you are using hooks and I don't really quite now how the hooks works, I can't figure out what to change in order to both mods can coexist.

Can you give me a hand?

Regards!

Bugo

Try this file.

distante

It Worked Perfect Bugo!!

I will look what you did to try to learn something about the hooks hehe

Thanks a lot!

Fearless Freap

Not that it makes much difference to me, I have an issue with your mod and another one.  I have just installed 2.0.2 and it turns out if you have CVA installed and the Thank-o-matic mod installed, the page crashes.  Even with the hooks update in place.  I value your mod over the other so I uninstalled Thank-o-Matic.  I don't understand why this isn't a standard option in SMF (no offense to you and your mod) as an option to condense space.

It might prove frustrating to anyone else who might have it already in place.  The pictures will show up if you leave them as they would show up normally in the forum, but when you try to post them in a line (with or without names) they disappear.

Again, I love the mod.  Thanks!

Iomega0318

Is there a way to have this mod only work on images and not other uploads?
I would love for it to show images like how it is on the link below at the top with all other downloads listed normally beneath the images.. sort of how this mod works:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=771

Other than that it works great! You can see a good example here with 40 images!
http://www.uofreeshards.net/index.php?topic=195.0
UOFreeshards.net
UOFreeshards.net 2.1 Aplha Test Site
"I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun...
not because I see it but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis

Heed what I say, for it shall be mentioned only once.

pols1337

Help!  I'm getting a double view of my custom view of attachments.  How do I fix this?

Arvacon

Quote from: Fearless Freap on February 19, 2012, 02:03:32 PM
Not that it makes much difference to me, I have an issue with your mod and another one.  I have just installed 2.0.2 and it turns out if you have CVA installed and the Thank-o-matic mod installed, the page crashes.  Even with the hooks update in place.  I value your mod over the other so I uninstalled Thank-o-Matic.  I don't understand why this isn't a standard option in SMF (no offense to you and your mod) as an option to condense space.

It might prove frustrating to anyone else who might have it already in place.  The pictures will show up if you leave them as they would show up normally in the forum, but when you try to post them in a line (with or without names) they disappear.

Again, I love the mod.  Thanks!

I have the same issue here.
I did the same thing, I uninstalled thank-o-matic and now I don't get the below error anymore.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'elseif' (T_ELSEIF) in H:\wamp\www\********\Themes\default\Display.template.php on line 544

But it must be a solution for these two to work together, isn't it?

I found that at line 544 there was this code before:

elseif (($message['thank_you_post']['post'] && !$message['thank_you_post']['locked']) || (($message['thank_you_post']['lock'] || $message['thank_you_post']['delete']) && $message['thank_you_post']['isThankYouPost']))

but after I uninstalled the thank-o-matic, now it is this one at the same line:

// ILA in line attachment changes

if (!isset($context['ila_dont_show_attach_below']) || !array_key_exists($attachment['id'], $context['ila_dont_show_attach_below']))
{

// End ILA in line attachment changes

I hope these info to help you find a solution, as I am not a programmer..

Mick.

Arvacon

Is there any way to make this mod align automatically the attached images in line, when you view them in different screen resolution?
For example when I have a screen with 1024x768 I see 3 pics in line and then another 3 under them but when I change the resolution at 1280x1024 you see the pics also 3 in line and with big spaces between them, so if you upload 20 pictures, they will be in 7 lines vertically..

I will upload 2 pics with what I mean, to clarify the things.

Arvacon

Hi guys, happy new year to everyone.
I know that the above problem must not be so difficult to solve, but I have searched everywhere and can't find a real solution.
Pictures will be an important part for my forum, as the members need to introduce their structures, so imagine if someone needs upload more than 20 pics in a row, his post will be almost 1 page long because of the way that the pictures not going in line as they should  be..

If someone has any solution, or if this has been written somewhere else, please let me know with a link, about where is a solution already given, to solve this problem by reading this.

I hope somebody can help solve this problem soon, as this is a real issue for my forum.  :-[

Bugo

There is option "Max attachments per line" in mod's settings. Doesn't it help you?

Arvacon

Hi Bugo, thanks for your reply.
Actually that doesn't help, as if the pictures are a lot, you will can see them only if you move the bar under them, even if you use big resolution as at the below pictures, so the user feels tired to always have to move the bar to see them. Imagine if you have 20 or 30 pictures there, that will be annoying.
Is there any code that I can put at your mod to make them fit to every resolution without the need of bar, so to be visible as grid?

Advertisement: