News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Trying to Prevent SPAM - Pls help

Started by alhem, January 20, 2011, 11:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alhem

Alright so im getting ALOT of spam and Ive decided to try a method that i think will work after reading some other peoples good experiences from it.

I want to create a membergroup which all new members join where they are just allowed to post in hte introduce yourself forum. Before they post there they are not allowed to post anywhere else.

Can anyone tell me how i can create that membergroup? Thanks!

And i am also wondering how i can change the welcome email sent to new users so that i can tell them that they need to post in there first.

TheListener

Firstly you need to state which version you use.

Secondly a mod will hopefully place the post in the correct section.

alhem

I use the newest version.

sorry for posting this the wrong place...

Illori

newest version of which branch? 2.0 RC4 or 1.1.12?

Kindred

version actually doesn't matter....   this has been discussed a number of times. Use the post-count based membergroups and board-level permissions to allow/restrict posting permissions.

the welcome email is listed in the text strings/files
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Robert.

Quote from: alhem on January 20, 2011, 11:40:35 PM
Alright so im getting ALOT of spam and Ive decided to try a method that i think will work after reading some other peoples good experiences from it.

I want to create a membergroup which all new members join where they are just allowed to post in hte introduce yourself forum. Before they post there they are not allowed to post anywhere else.

Can anyone tell me how i can create that membergroup? Thanks!

And i am also wondering how i can change the welcome email sent to new users so that i can tell them that they need to post in there first.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;type=19

Advertisement: