News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Database for SM????

Started by rjfoster, July 12, 2005, 01:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjfoster

Does anyone here know of a mod / plugin / program that will allow users to add / delete / change data that is in a database that is viewable in SM?  I am in the process of creating a community for guitarists, and a database such as this would be great for allowing the users to share their equipment settings with others.

Looking forward to your reply!

Rj

morph

Something like adding custom fields in their profile? I think there is a mod that allows that, or a tutorial that someone wrote. Search for additional profile fields.

Coming soon!

rjfoster

Quote from: morph on July 12, 2005, 02:23:30 PM
Something like adding custom fields in their profile? I think there is a mod that allows that, or a tutorial that someone wrote. Search for additional profile fields.

What I was thinking of would be something that would look kind of like an excel spreadsheet maybe that would allow registered users to modify / add the data.  Would be cool, but maybe I am just dreaming.....

Thanks for the help!

Rj

morph

Then you would probably need to add a totally different script with pieces of SMF included in like user name and such. If you don't think you could make that, make an inquiry in the Help Wanted board.

Coming soon!

rjfoster

Thanks - I'll give it a go over there.

Rj

Advertisement: