Happy Birthday

Started by SeaOfSin, July 29, 2005, 03:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaOfSin

Is there a way to have birthdays show in the news box. Basically showing the for instance happy birthday, the name of the person and the cake or something similar?

Sea Of Sin

klumy

this would be a good idea

nokonium

That would be good, I like that idea.

ArkServer

ive been this on other forums, shouldn't  be too hard to implment it right? i like the idea :)

Ivan Minic

My taught is that it would be better like this, since if you have much members it would be like 20 people in your news box, and in footer it is easy to change calendar icon into a cake (which i did on my forum) and it looks very nice. What I would like is to have a feature to email or pm a member on his birthday with custom text

mennou

way better if  the system could send the  birthday cake they have on profile  to the person  email  ..... or pm

Louis

Similar discussion in this thread: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=40419.0

Quote from: orange on August 06, 2005, 02:53:37 PM
What's the point? There can't be anything more impersonal than an automated Happy Birthday message ... birthday wishes only mean something when the sender has actually remembered that it's your birthday, not when an automated system sends you a standard e-mail.

Orange is definitely right on this one, folks.

I would turn off automated birthday mails as soon as I could - I never forget my own birthday so I dont need a reminder in my inbox.
It is your mind that creates this world (Buddha)

Advertisement: