Simple Spoiler

Started by Suki, January 28, 2011, 06:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masterd

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on February 06, 2011, 07:34:48 PM
and thank you, but I already know how to make changes to my own file :)

I know that. ;)

NanoSector

You cannot use the code on remote pages :(

It says (in PHP):
Fatal error: Call to undefined function JavaScriptEscape()

Not trying to use your code for public use but I was just testing :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Suki

of course it won't work... you just copy/paste the javascript...

SMF uses a function to properly handle text inside javascript:  JavaScriptEscape

javascript code ' . JavaScriptEscape($txt['my_javascript_string']) . ' javascript code

since that function isn't in your external files, php gives you that error.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

NanoSector

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on February 07, 2011, 08:37:15 AM
of course it won't work... you just copy/paste the javascript...

SMF uses a function to properly handle text inside javascript:  JavaScriptEscape

javascript code ' . JavaScriptEscape($txt['my_javascript_string']) . ' javascript code

since that function isn't in your external files, php gives you that error.
I did not copy/paste it. I must carefully change it because the code of MAP3 is not quite complex.
Again, I am not gonna use your code.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Suki

if your not gonna use it, why bother to post?

just because you don't have any idea of what you're doing, doesn't mean the code don't work.

the mod works in any SMF 2.0 RC4 installation.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

NanoSector

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on February 07, 2011, 09:08:05 AM
if your not gonna use it, why bother to post?

just because you don't have any idea of what you're doing, doesn't mean the code don't work.

the mod works in any SMF 2.0 RC4 installation.
I mean, I am not gonna use the code in my products.

jhaywod

Hello,
Thanks for creating this mod. We are having the following errors show up in our error log. Is this a problem with the mod or with our theme?

Today at 06:48:51 PM
session 891d5d8ca1f99c4cc3124dc1a9c2781b
Type of error: General
http://www.teamlethal-cs.com/newforum/index.php [nofollow]?
2: implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Invalid arguments passed
File: /nfs/c01/h15/mnt/4650/domains/teamlethal-cs.com/html/newforum/Themes/default/languages/SimpleSpoiler.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 290

Today at 06:48:51 PM
session 891d5d8ca1f99c4cc3124dc1a9c2781b
Type of error: Undefined
8: Undefined variable: user_info
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /nfs/c01/h15/mnt/4650/domains/teamlethal-cs.com/html/newforum/Themes/default/languages/SimpleSpoiler.english.php (main sub template - eval?)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :)

Suki

can you please tun off the eval in your admin panel, then clean your error log, browse your forum and check again your error log, post the new errors.

the SimpleSpoiler.language.php file is very small I doubt the problem is there, by turning off the eval we'll see where the error is exactly.

jhaywod

You were right, it is the theme. Thanks for the help!  ;D

IP address 99.30.3.158 
Today at 07:10:32 PM
session b46641c7fe11abfbf8b6db38eb20ab56
Type of error: General
2: implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Invalid arguments passed
File: /nfs/c01/h15/mnt/4650/domains/teamlethal-cs.com/html/newforum/Themes/lagusta_20rc4/BoardIndex.template.php

Suki

please open a new support topic in the appropriate board and attach your  Themes/lagusta_20rc4/BoardIndex.template.php  there as well as post the error.

jhaywod

Kat-2

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on February 02, 2011, 10:47:17 AM
you must have javascript enable on your browser to see the spoiler.

this script was tested on IE7, IE8, opera10, FF3.6 and chrome and it was tested by the customize team before it was approved

if you want to uninstall the mod, upload this file to your forum root directory (where SSI.php is) and call it with your browser

then, manually remove this files:

"Subs-SimpleSpoiler.php" from "./Sources".
SimpleSpoiler.english.php" from "./Themes/default/languages".
"SimpleSpoiler.spanish_latin.php" from "./Themes/default/languages".
"SimpleSpoiler.spanish_latin-utf8.php" from "./Themes/default/languages".
"SimpleSpoiler.spanish_es.php" from "./Themes/default/languages".
"SimpleSpoiler.spanish_es-utf8.php" from "./Themes/default/languages".
"spoiler.gif" from "./Themes/default/images/bbc".

I need to get this uninstalled. Each time I click to download the file I get this:

QuoteTemporarily Unavailable
Due to high stress on the server the forum is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Looks as if it has been downloaded 10 times? Not true. That is from me clicking it to try and download it.
PLEASE fix this...I need to get it uninstalled.

Kat-2

I could not get the mod removed, no matter what I tried...but
I did it my way and it is now gone....totally.

I went and got a new copy of simple spoiler, and overwrote. It then allowed to to uninstall it the ''normal'' way.
I did check files to make sure they were gone, and they are.

Happy now..

Suki

this site has been under some attacks lately,  I can't do nothing about it,   if you want to uninstall, grap a copy of the mod, unzip it and grap the uninstall file from there.

you were using the old version of the mod, the ond with the uninstall bug,  the new version fix  that bug.

XiFiCt69

Hi Miss All Sunday,

You will do an update of the mod for the RC5 of the SMF 2.0?

Thank you in advance!

Suki

I'm working on it, but the mod works just fine if you install it by emulating version RC4 :)

Bugo

After quick edit content of spoiler isn't showned.

becometa

Removing the divs from the Subs-SimpleSpoiler.php make it better readable :)

$codes[] = array(
'tag' => 'spoiler',
'before' => '<div><span>' . $txt['spoiler_desc'] . '</span><div class="spoiler_toggle">',
'after' => '</div></div>',
'block_level' => true,
);

to
$codes[] = array(
'tag' => 'spoiler',
'before' => '<span>' . '</span><div class="spoiler_toggle">',
'after' => '</div>',
'block_level' => true,
);

XiFiCt69

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on February 16, 2011, 10:54:56 AM
I'm working on it, but the mod works just fine if you install it by emulating version RC4 :)

I'm a really beginner on SMF. So, how can I emulate another versions of SMF on the 2.0?

EDIT: I've just modified the package-info.xml and changed RC4 for RC5 and then I've installed it. Now, the Spoiler appears only on a Preview, but not on the Post. You know what is the problem?

Thank you in advance for your very good work!

Suki

@XiFiCt69 can I have a link to your forum?  or a link to a post using the spoiler?

Advertisement: