News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Simple Spoiler

Started by Suki, January 28, 2011, 06:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Link to Mod

Link to Mod

SimpleSpoiler

for SMF 2.0.x only

SimpleSpoiler is a simple modification that allow you to use the  [spoiler] [/spoiler]   tags.

-No settings, just install and use.
-Works with every theme, make sure you upload the spoiler.gif file to your theme's image/bbc  folder

License

* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at https://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/.

Languages

-english
-english-utf8
-spanish_es
-spanish_es-utf8
-spanish_latin-utf8
-spanish_latin-utf8
-russian
-russian-utf8
-german

Support

-Please use the support topic for questions.

Change log

- Remove jQuery, uses pure JavaScript now.
- Add support for DOM changes made by onQuickEdit
- Move JavaScript code to its own file.

-Compatible with SMF 2.0.x
-Fixed some minor errors with hooks.
-Added a remove file for manual installs.

-Added support for SMF 2.0
-Updated jquery and jqueryui scripts.

-1.0.1   2-02-2011
~fixed a bug on unistalling.
~added a readme.txt
~added support for Russian thanks to Bugo.

-1.0 initial release.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Baloch

Please provide English version demo.

Suki

Quote from: Baloch on January 29, 2011, 12:00:26 AM
Please provide English version demo.

why you need an english demo? the mod will look exactly the same...   plus.... the demo is en english...
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Bugo

Baloch

I have installed this mod but could not see any change within my forum as well as I don't know how it works with smf? that's why I was interested to see its demo in English version.

Suki

what version of SMF are you using?  this mod only works  for RC4  since it uses a new hook only avaliable in RC4

theres no settings,  you will see the bbc button and you will be able to use the [spoiler][/spoiler]  tags.

the demo has som examples of how the mod looks like when it has been used:

http://oharascans.com/foro/mods/demo_simple_spoiler_mod_2609.0.html

@Bugo, thanks, I will add your translation when I make an update, the cus team has told me there's issues on uninstalling so I need to update it as soon as I can.

Masterd

Nice example of the integration hooks! :D

Baloch

I m totally unable to see any effect even in your demo.
My smf is 2.0 RC4 fresh installation on default theme.
I hv checked it in FIREFOX as well as IE 8

Now I want to uninstall this mod but nothing is happening to click on UNINSTALL BUTTON.
Please help me out to uninstall this mod.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Suki

you must have javascript enable on your browser to see the spoiler.

this script was tested on IE7, IE8, opera10, FF3.6 and chrome and it was tested by the customize team before it was approved

if you want to uninstall the mod, upload this file to your forum root directory (where SSI.php is) and call it with your browser

then, manually remove this files:

"Subs-SimpleSpoiler.php" from "./Sources".
SimpleSpoiler.english.php" from "./Themes/default/languages".
"SimpleSpoiler.spanish_latin.php" from "./Themes/default/languages".
"SimpleSpoiler.spanish_latin-utf8.php" from "./Themes/default/languages".
"SimpleSpoiler.spanish_es.php" from "./Themes/default/languages".
"SimpleSpoiler.spanish_es-utf8.php" from "./Themes/default/languages".
"spoiler.gif" from "./Themes/default/images/bbc".

Bugo

Quote from: Masterd on January 31, 2011, 02:04:16 PM
Yes, it's a good example. I even made my variant of spoiler mod, with the using of jQuery :) But I think it useless to send its to the modsite, because the Cust team'll say that there's already a lot of similar mods...

Suki

Quote from: Bugo on February 02, 2011, 12:01:31 PM
Quote from: Masterd on January 31, 2011, 02:04:16 PM
Yes, it's a good example. I even made my variant of spoiler mod, with the using of jQuery :) But I think it useless to send its to the modsite, because the Cust team'll say that there's already a lot of similar mods...

as long as your mod provides different options and features than the rest of spoiler mods you can submit it to the mod site.

NanoSector

How do I use things like "Name (Show)"

[spoiler=Name] doesn't work.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Suki

doesn't work because it isn't supported  and I don't plan to supported it either.

thats why its called simple, no settings, no problems.

there are other spoiler mods that can do what you want.

NanoSector

Then I'll try to modify the code myself.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Baloch

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on February 02, 2011, 10:47:17 AM
you must have javascript enable on your browser to see the spoiler.

this script was tested on IE7, IE8, opera10, FF3.6 and chrome and it was tested by the customize team before it was approved

if you want to uninstall the mod, upload this file to your forum root directory (where SSI.php is) and call it with your browser

then, manually remove this files:

"Subs-SimpleSpoiler.php" from "./Sources".
SimpleSpoiler.english.php" from "./Themes/default/languages".
"SimpleSpoiler.spanish_latin.php" from "./Themes/default/languages".
"SimpleSpoiler.spanish_latin-utf8.php" from "./Themes/default/languages".
"SimpleSpoiler.spanish_es.php" from "./Themes/default/languages".
"SimpleSpoiler.spanish_es-utf8.php" from "./Themes/default/languages".
"spoiler.gif" from "./Themes/default/images/bbc".

Done as per your instructions but its still listed in my Package List

Masterd

Quote from: Simple Series team on February 02, 2011, 01:57:48 PM
Then I'll try to modify the code myself.

You can do that with the $1, but there is a lot of work to do.

Suki

@Baloch    the mod is now uninstlled from your forum, just remove the SimpleSpoiler.zip   file from your Packages  folder.

@Masterd   and   Simple Series team

SMF already does what you want  it will be $2  instead of $1, $1 is the content of the spoiler, $2 is the name, check the code in subs.php for  the [code][/code]   tag,   you can also see how motoko's spoiler works

Suki

ok   I have updated this mod, heres the changelog:

Change log

-1.0.1   2-02-2011
~fixed a bug on unistalling.
~added a readme.txt
~added support for Russian thanks to Bugo.

Masterd

You are useing an outdated version of jQuery.

Find this in Subs-SimpleSpoiler.php.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

Replace with this.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery.min.js"></script>

Suki

I'm using it because that's the version I tested the spoiler with,   I won't do any changes until I tested it properly.

and thank you, but I already know how to make changes to my own file :)

Advertisement: