Customizable Home Page

Started by Matthew K., January 28, 2011, 06:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Mostly due to the fact that 2.0.2 has multiple security vulnerabilities that require patches.

Kindred

that suggestion is solely because 2.0.2 is known to be insecure.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Digipark.com

OK thanks for the heads up. Will update. Still need help on the issue if anyone knows the solution.

griffinwebnet

still waiting here too :( it sucks because this is honestly my favorite mod. it allows us to take our site from just being a website or just being a forum to being a combination of both which is perfect for my project (open source software that needs to have info about the product, and a support forum) i would be happy to paypal someone $10 for a solution to this issue and HOPEFULLY a little documentation about the fix so that it can help others later on.

Thanks in advance!

Kindred

you do know that the same thing can be accomplished with any of the portal mods?

However, I went to your site and can navigate around correctly...
... aand there is no reason that I can think of that it would do what you describe unless prettyurls or a bad htaccess was causing problems..
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

griffinwebnet

i have tried almost every porta mod and dont like them nearly as much as this and the only reason  you can navigate correctly is because i have this mod turned off so that the forum works until this issue is resolved. ill turn it on again now so you can go back and take a look at it. ALSO as i mentioned before SEF is turned off, and i do not have the pretty URLs Mod Installed so neither of those could be the issue. im attaching a screenshot of all of the mods installed so you can see if any may conflict. Thanks

http://i.imgur.com/2sbVLdA.png [nofollow]

griffinwebnet

still no ideas? what do you need to see? in the last post i placed a screenshot of all my currently installed mods, i am posting a copy of my .htaccess as well as my index.php in a zip archive as a download here so you can see those, i am also attaching screenshots of my admin page concerning SEF  if there is anything else needed please let me know, i want to get this running soon hopefully, Thank you!

Virustotal for the archive so you can see its clean: http://bit.ly/155phya [nofollow]

SEF Admin Page: http://i.imgur.com/zoV9A1D.png [nofollow]
Customizable Homepage Configuration: http://i.imgur.com/Fs4g80F.png [nofollow]

TheListener

griffin is the mod enabled?

What is your forums link?

forum version?

griffinwebnet

the mod is disabled at the moment so the site is useable, i will re enable it now though for testing

Im in v2.0.3

and the url is http://qlight.cu.cc/ [nofollow]

clicking forum actually does bring you to the board index, however, clicking any of the boards brings you back to customizeable homepage again :(

TheListener

For starters you should be using 2.0.4   ;)

Any errors in the error log?

griffinwebnet

haha ill update to 2.0.4 later today, and it is probably worth mentioning that i have had this error since 2.0 RC2

and nope only things in the logs are from spammers getting their registration rejected by the bad behavior mod

TheListener

It may be time to look at the other portals if this has been ongoing for so long.

griffinwebnet

well thats what i did ended up using ezportal. I appreciate the attempts at help but clearly lab360 has no intention of making his mod useable anymore so i have moved on, also the $10 donation deal i offered is off the table now. thanks anyways tho.

TMR Guy

This mod is perfect for me. I had to emulate to SMF 2.0 RC4 from 2.0.7 to install it and it seems to work for the most part, but when I click on one of the forum boards it takes me back to the custom home page.

Help please,

TMR Guy

Matthew K.

What other modifications do you have installed? And attach your index.php please.

TMR Guy

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on May 09, 2014, 09:50:08 AM
What other modifications do you have installed? And attach your index.php please.
None, I uninstalled them trying to get this to work.

I'm real new at this, so what exactly do you mean by "attach your index.php?"

Thanks,

TMR Guy

Matthew K.

Open your forum directory with an FTP client, download index.php, and attach the file here so I can look at the code.

TMR Guy

Thanks anyways Labradoodle, I ended up using a SimplePortal.

Penfold-88

will there be an update for the latest version i really want to use this as i need a customised home page but wont work will the latest version

please update :)

Advertisement: