News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Profile Statuses

Started by oOo--STAR--oOo, January 28, 2011, 07:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCJ

Installed version 3 but I found it in a disabled state for all users (on profile)...? I had previously run the sql query in this thread to set it enabled for all users in version 2.3.
QuoteUPDATE smf_members
SET profilestatuses = 1

It is enabled in admin section.

I was expecting this version to have it enabled for all users;
QuoteMod is enabled on install. User now has to disable it in there profile -> forum profile

Run the query again with
UPDATE smf_members
SET profilestatuses = 0  ?

1 error message after install:

.../index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install2;package=ProfileStatuses_v3.0.zip;pid=0
512: parseModification(): The filename 'SSI.php' is not a full path!
File: ..../public_html/events/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1848

oOo--STAR--oOo

QuoteRun the query again with
UPDATE smf_members
SET profilestatuses = 0  ?

Yes please update query for all members to have 0 for it to be enabled.
I preferred it to be enabled for all lol.

Quote1 error message after install:

.../index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install2;package=ProfileStatuses_v3.0.zip;pid=0
512: parseModification(): The filename 'SSI.php' is not a full path!
File: ..../public_html/events/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1848

I will look into that.. It will not effect anything.. Its just a warning.

EDIT:
Resolved the SSI.php error also resolved the undefined index error on all statuses view.
Sorry for the mess.. Everything is perfect now..
If you like just uninstall the version you have now and update to 3.1
Leave
Remove all data associated with this modification. [Details]
UNCHECKED

So all comments and statuses remain intact.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

9mmtylenol

Ugh I got an error XD

"Table 'ninetyle_fm.smf_members' doesn't exist
File: /home/ninetyle/public_html/forum/Sources/Profile-View.php
Line: 282"

I know the table is there, just don't know why that it won't pick it up. And I checked that line and it's just a curly bracket "{" and nothing more.

I am using a couple of mods that use member id's and my skin is Zone99 by dzinerstudio, hope that helps with solving the problem :)

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: 9mmtylenol on August 21, 2011, 01:14:39 PM
Ugh I got an error XD

I know the table is there, just don't know why that it won't pick it up. And I checked that line and it's just a curly bracket "{" and nothing more.

I am using a couple of mods that use member id's and my skin is Zone99 by dzinerstudio, hope that helps with solving the problem :)

Is that an error in your error log or when you try to install it?
Does it stop the use of the modification..
What do you do to trigger the error?

In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

MiY4Gi

Excellent. I just installed in and it's working great. I just gotta tweak the colors a bit. One thing though, is it possible to stretch the Profile Statuses block to fill up the whole width of the forum? Check the image I attached for clarification.

I'm busy testing out the portal block. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edit:

Alright, the block is working nicely. I would say that the block is necessary to take full advantage of the mod.

Again, great work.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

mattio41

I am sorry if I am the village idiot speaking here. I am extremely new to all of this, and I am building a forum. I have version smf 2.0. I uploaded the package from the mod site, and it appeared to have installed without errors. I followed the instructions of enabling it through the admin portion of modification settings, and clicking enabling. I allowed 3 lines - 100 characters.

And when I go to my profile page, There is no place to actually enter a status? I have tried reading this thread, and I see people have had to enter code, and honestly, I am not sure where they are actually placing it, so that the status can actually be entered.

Anybody care to take pitty on a newbie, and give me a hand with this?  Could actually use some help on a few topics, but that is a different story..

Sincerely,
The Village Idiot !!  ;)

awolexpat

Ugh I got an error XD

I had the same error but mine was caused by my database not being called 'smf_members' (something I changed when I installed SMF) so all I had to do was edit Profile-View.php and replace all instances of smf_ with the prefix used on my database. Hope that helps.

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: MiY4Gi on August 29, 2011, 03:49:01 PM
Excellent. I just installed in and it's working great. I just gotta tweak the colors a bit. One thing though, is it possible to stretch the Profile Statuses block to fill up the whole width of the forum? Check the image I attached for clarification.

I'm busy testing out the portal block. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edit:

Alright, the block is working nicely. I would say that the block is necessary to take full advantage of the mod.

Again, great work.

Yeah there is with a few edits to the template..
I did consider it myself but then it didn't look right as everything gets stretched kinda.. Looks out of place.
If you still wanna try it. I'll put down what todo when I get back later.

In Design Phase!

MiY4Gi

Kewl. I've got quite a bit of time since I still have plenty of mods I want to install on my forum before I start encouraging people to join.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

PS4DEV

Quote from: awolexpat on September 02, 2011, 01:41:13 AM
Ugh I got an error XD

I had the same error but mine was caused by my database not being called 'smf_members' (something I changed when I installed SMF) so all I had to do was edit Profile-View.php and replace all instances of smf_ with the prefix used on my database. Hope that helps.
yep, replacing smf_ with the prefix helps :)

Dai Li

Installed just fine, the only problem I seem to have is the status block outputs a stray <br> at the end of updates after the first one. As in, the first status update doesn't have the stray HTML tag but the ones posted after it do, and I'm wondering if there's a way to make that stray tag like... vamoose. lol I already checked the code itself but all those parse, and no one's enter-keying on accident at the end, so it's gotta be somewhere in the back-end. Any ideas? =3 (I'm on 2.0.1 with SimplePortal if you needa know.)

oOo--STAR--oOo

Hey,

I am sorry for the late reply, I been very busy with life recently.
Can you show me a screen shot or provide a link to your website?

In Design Phase!

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: MiY4Gi on September 04, 2011, 03:04:32 PM
Kewl. I've got quite a bit of time since I still have plenty of mods I want to install on my forum before I start encouraging people to join.

Hey I really sorry for the late replies..
If you could send me your /Default/Profile.template.php
And /ThemeName/css/index.css file

I could make it full width for you.

In Design Phase!

MiY4Gi

Quote from: aljo1985 on September 30, 2011, 09:44:57 AM
Hey I really sorry for the late replies..
If you could send me your /Default/Profile.template.php
And /ThemeName/css/index.css file

I could make it full width for you.

I'm considering some major changes to my website (including domain, concept and layout), so small changes in the profile status aren't really important. Thanks though.

Caltan

Is it possible to add a permission option to allow other users (admins) to add statuses to user profiles?

david090366

I installed this on a 2.0.1 site with ultimate Profile installed. I started to post there was no place to post comments. However, I decided to disable ultimate profiles, set the enable for all members button off, and lo and behold there it was. Is there any way to get this working with ultimate profile?

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: david090366 on October 03, 2011, 07:17:16 AM
I installed this on a 2.0.1 site with ultimate Profile installed. I started to post there was no place to post comments. However, I decided to disable ultimate profiles, set the enable for all members button off, and lo and behold there it was. Is there any way to get this working with ultimate profile?

Hi..

I will update soon to get compatibility for ultimate profile.

In Design Phase!

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: Caltan on September 30, 2011, 09:32:42 PM
Is it possible to add a permission option to allow other users (admins) to add statuses to user profiles?

Hmmm. Sounds like an al-right idea, it wouldn't be statuses then?

I dunno how that would work?

In Design Phase!

9mmtylenol

Quote from: aljo1985 on August 22, 2011, 01:50:49 PM
Ugh I got an error XD

Is that an error in your error log or when you try to install it?
Does it stop the use of the modification..
What do you do to trigger the error?

WOAH, sorry my SMF didn't email me of this thread, and the error occurred after installing and trying to view a member of the member list.

9mmtylenol

Okay well it works with the table change in the .php file, but I hate editing core SMF files, so you think that you can tell the status package to find the member list from the SMF config file?

Advertisement: