News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Newsletters email

Started by BizBink, January 29, 2011, 10:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BizBink

I want to change the email address that the newsletters sends emails as... Right now it's set to the one that I set up SMF with and that was my alternative email since now I have a custom email made just for updates like that

Chas Large

My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

BizBink

Chas Large

Quote from: BizBink on March 12, 2011, 01:20:14 AM
I'm on RC4
OK, you can still install 90% of it and then do a manual edit on one file.

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

KensonPlays

@Chas: Won't emulate work?

@BizBink: Upgrade to RC5, it has security fixes and a few features more...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Chas Large

Quote from: Kcmartz on May 18, 2011, 11:34:03 AM
@Chas: Won't emulate work?
Didn't with mine, the code is different.

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Chas Large

If you install this mod using emulation for RC2, you should only get 1 error. It fails on placing a line of code in the ManageSettings,php file in the Sources directory.

The installer looks for

// Mod authors, add any settings UNDER this line. Include a comma at the end of the line and don't remove this statement!!

But fails because the code has the spacing at the beginning of the line missing, thus.

// Mod authors, add any settings UNDER this line. Include a comma at the end of the line and don't remove this statement!!

Install the mod and Edit the ManageSettings.php file by placing the required code below under the line of text and above the other similar lines.

array('text', 'mail_from', '30'),

So mine now looks like this

array('text', 'mail_from', '30'),
                        array('check', 'cgdt_enable'),
                        array('text', 'cgdt_message1'),
array('text', 'cgdt_message2'),
array('text', 'cgdt_message3'),
array('text', 'cgdt_message4'),
array('text', 'cgdt_message5'),
array('text', 'cgdt_message6'),

Yours may be slightly different if you have other mods installed.

Once modified, re-upload the ManageSettings.php file to your forum and do a forced refresh of the browser. Go to Admin > Configuration > Modification settings and you'll find a box labelled "HelpSend Mail From Address:" Enter a non working e-mailo address like [email protected] and then if anyone replies to a notification e-mail, they will get a bounce back message. Alternatively you could use an e-mail address with an autoresponder set up so that it bounces back a message.

Advertisement: