phpbb to SMF to SMF 2.0 RC4 Images not showing

Started by 3fifty, January 30, 2011, 01:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3fifty

Previous admin convert back to SMF and none of the images are showing in previous posts on the forum.  If I click on edit and the save the post will show the pictures.  Thats a lot of threads to go through.  Is there any way to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

3fifty

ThorstenE

can you check one of these "broken" posts via phpMyAdmin (table is smf_messages, row "body")? I'd be interested in the original content (before you click the edit button). Maybe we can fix it via SQL statement.

3fifty

As soon as the server move is done.  Switching DNS today.  I will do that and update this post.

ThorstenE

3fifty, do you still need assistance with this issue?

3fifty

Yes.  The person switching hosts has not done it yet.  Im waiting on everyone to get their act together and there is nothing I can do to speed it up unfortunately.

rufee

I have the same issue
Here is the code from db before the edit (don't mind the language):
Čia aš parašiau kaip pakeisti lemputės spalvą.

1. Susikurkite žemėlapį.

2. Įdėkite lemputę:

[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7797/lempa1.jpg[/img]

After edit:
Čia aš parašiau kaip pakeisti lemputės spalvą.<br /><br />1. Susikurkite žemėlapį.<br /><br />2. Įdėkite lemputę:<br /><br />[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7797/lempa1.jpg[/img]

EDIT:
After tinkering around i have come up with a sql query that fixed my problems
Try running these 2 queries:

UPDATE `smf_messages` SET `body` = replace(`body`,'&#46;','.')
UPDATE `smf_messages` SET `body` = replace(`body`,'&#58;',':')

busydugong36

I have the same issue, too.

Thanks for the two queries rufee!
As there may be hyperlinks in signatures, I would also do this one:

UPDATE `smf_members` SET `signature` = replace(`signature`,'&#46;','.');
UPDATE `smf_members` SET `signature` = replace(`signature`,'&#58;',':');

michael.z

I'm having the similar issue converting from phpBB3 to SMF 2.0.2. After looking around almost one day for solution, finally i found this. I have tried and it works! Thank you so much

littleblue

Thanks so much for the queries. I had the same issue with images after converting my forum, and I'd figured out what was wrong, but needed a bit of help with SQL syntax.

Images now displaying :)

Advertisement: