To delete all posts which... (quick moderation as checkboxes)

Started by ziemek8, January 31, 2011, 02:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziemek8

Hello, I dont know if someone wrote about this... (maybe even it is possible but I just dont know about it)
Sorry if its uncorrect board Im writtting in.

Is it possible to delete all posts of one user? (better if would be possible to delete all post wrote after [date])
If not: If I 'manually' delete records in smf_messages - is there any bad things that might happen? (database integrity)

Arantor

It's easiest done when you delete the user's account, but there's also a mod you can use to delete their posts when banning them.

If you delete records from smf_messages, at least one other table will be out of sync, so no, it shouldn't be done manually.

What you can do is go into your profile, then look and layout preferences, then select "view quick moderation as... checkboxes" to select multiple messages to be deleted at once.

ziemek8

Thank You for quick answer.

When I delete account posts remain as posts written by guests.
About "view quick moderation as... checkboxes" - I have that. But often spam is posted in random boards, so I must go from one board to another. I'd love to have quick moderation as checkboxes in "View all messages" of specific user and/or in "View unread messages".

Kindred

when you delete the account, you have the OPTION (which have to select) to delete all posts or Posts and Topics by that user.   Once the account is deleted, manual deletion is your only option.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ziemek8

Hehe, that will be helpfull. :) Thanks.
After deleting an account isnt some bans deleted as well? (for e-mail for example, or for account name)

Kindred

bans are not deleted.   The ban on a USERNAME will no longer be effective, but bans on email, host or IP will all still work.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ziemek8

Thanks once again.

I changed the subject of this topic to be more specific, I hope it wont create misunderstandings.

Joker™

If you are seeking that how to enable checkboxes, you can read this Quick Moderation.

You can enable checkboxes for everyone on your site through theme settings also.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Sudhakar Arjunan

Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Advertisement: