News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Gallery for SMF 2.0

Started by zheobitt, January 31, 2011, 02:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingkingston

its not too bad, if i click on a picture i wouldn't want it to go to a page like this
http://www.harald-thomsen.de/smf/gallery/img/1/maurice_05012011.jpg, id rather it jump out at me like the aeva media mod does, don't know what that setting is called though

AST3R1X

Yes I prefer Highslide too  :)

kingkingston

Quote from: AST3R1X on February 13, 2011, 08:45:00 AM
Yes I prefer Highslide too  :)
you following me around everywhere lol

Arantor

Highslide has limitations on use, however, specifically that if your site is taking in money, even just to cover costs, you have to buy a licence.

kingkingston

Quote from: Arantor on February 13, 2011, 08:55:13 AM
Highslide has limitations on use, however, specifically that if your site is taking in money, even just to cover costs, you have to buy a licence.
i just like it better than going to a blank page and having to click the back button

Arantor

Yes, but do you run a site that makes any money of any kind?

kingkingston

Quote from: Arantor on February 13, 2011, 09:18:40 AM
Yes, but do you run a site that makes any money of any kind?
i don't actually use that mod, is there a mod that provides that kind of slide like that for free ?, just trying to help this guy out.

Arantor

Yes, Highslide does! And it's free for non-commercial use. But including it in a package is dubious for that very reason. It's why Aeva has a specific enable/disable option for it.

zheobitt

So, you want to have the picture to be loaded inside of a lightbox, i assume? Isn't that problem.

Atm, i'm looking after the permissions. How do i check a permisson in SMF? Sorry, if i ask that much, but mostly i know only the vb-code. :)

Arantor

QuoteAtm, i'm looking after the permissions. How do i check a permisson in SMF? Sorry, if i ask that much, but mostly i know only the vb-code.

Up to three ways depending on what you're trying to do. I'd suggest having a read of http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=345127.0 personally ;)

grafitus

Plans are good. But I think you should try a little more on design. ;)

zheobitt

@Arantor: For the permissions. I've to check which usergroup may have a look at an album and which not. Or may delete or move pictures or not.

@grafitus: The design will be changed, yes. But this is one of the last things.

Arantor

In which case you're going to do what the other gallery mods did and implement your own table for tracking group access and your own UI for managing it. The tutorial I linked (and wrote) is geared for general permissions access throughout the forum and adding facilities that way.

zheobitt

Ah, ok, i've already thought this. Mh, isn't so much a problem, i think. Thanks for the hint.

zheobitt

O.k., i've got it. Now it's possible to define in the categories, if user may see that one, may upload, delete or move pictures. I've tested it on my local testboard and it works like charm.

zheobitt

So, just a quick update today :)

Permissions looking good and are working like a charm. Following setting can be done per usergoup:

Check if group:
- may see an album (can be set for each album via the categories)
-may delete or move pictures (can be set for each album via the categories)
-can upload pictures (can be set for each album via the categories)
-uploaded pictures have to be moderated,
-can comment pictures,
-can edit comments,
-can delete comments,

Also it can be set, quality, height and width of thumbs, number of pictures to be uploaded, the maximum numbers of pictures which can be uploaded, maximum size, maximum width and maximum height. And if usergroup may see the gallery at all.

Oh, one explanation of those categories. Each category defines, if for example an album is only "personal", so that only a special usergroup may see the album. And so on.

Hope you like my way of doing it.

Arantor

Sounds good to me, but as ever the proof will be in the use of it.

Masterd

Just continue with this project! :D

zheobitt

Tomorrow i'll post some new pics.

zheobitt

So, here are two new pictures from the gallery.

One show's the well known album-view in the way, the admin see the album. Notice the input-fields for checkings. These are used for selectings pictures which can be moved or deleted. Normal user will not see them.

The other one shows the main-settings of the gallery (i'll post an english version later, excuses for the german words. But it's easier to do it for me this way).

Hope you like it.

Advertisement: