News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Advanced Signature

Started by emanuele, January 31, 2011, 02:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nw

Hi emanuele,

Thanks for the reply. I can select "Signature 1", "Signature 2", etc, and I can see that some of my members can do the same. However, some of them only have the choice of "No Signature" and "Random Signature".

Is there a particular setting that I've missed out?

Thanks.

emanuele

I think that only if a member doesn't have a signature at all then he can see only no and random...I'd call it a bug.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

nw

Hm... But the member does have a signature. Any idea on what to do on this? Maybe it's something to do with permissions?

Thanks.

emanuele

I've to check. Don't know when though...

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Quexinos

I'm having a similar problem.  Some of my members will set their signature to "random" or "Signature 1" in their profile, but when they post, it doesn't show their signature.  It's only when they select it under the "attachments and other options" that it shows up.

Any ideas why?

The Wizard

Hello Emanuele:

I have installed your mod on my new 2.0.2 board and have gone live with it so to speak. Most of my users are female and love to make graphic signatures. I'm not having a problem with text signatures but some of my users are experiencing the only one signature option available. I think I know what the problem is - the format of the graphic - IE jpg, png, etc.. what format can the image signatures be in?

emanuele

Quote from: Quexinos on January 03, 2012, 06:12:18 AM
I'm having a similar problem.  Some of my members will set their signature to "random" or "Signature 1" in their profile, but when they post, it doesn't show their signature.  It's only when they select it under the "attachments and other options" that it shows up.
That would sound like a bug, except I can't reproduce it.
Can you try to find out exactly the step to reproduce it?
I set a maximum of 3 signatures per user, took a board where signatures are allowed, I set in my profile "random", created a topic (where signatures are visible) and posted without change anything in the "attachments and other options". I tested it also from the quick reply and in both cases the post in the topic has a random signature.

Quote from: The Wizard on August 27, 2012, 04:21:02 PM
I think I know what the problem is - the format of the graphic - IE jpg, png, etc.. what format can the image signatures be in?
Any, the content of the signature doesn't make any difference.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Skaty

any sign for 2.0.3 ?

i emulated to 2.0.2 but can't install it

emanuele

It should work with 2.0.3 without problems.
Try emulating 2.0

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Skaty

i'm trying now but in profile template have some problems. there is a lot of other mods here, can't edit as appropriate.

Here is the files can you help me about that ?

emanuele

That one has the change that fails applied (you have to apply all the others by yourself), I'm not sore if it works because of the other mod you have there.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Skaty

Quote from: emanuele on December 29, 2012, 07:58:20 AM
That one has the change that fails applied (you have to apply all the others by yourself), I'm not sore if it works because of the other mod you have there.

Works perfectly thank you so much.

Skaty

One more thing. Members can make 3 signatures now, but when someone make a 2 signatures with a random opt. system show 2 signatures and 1 empty signature. Can i fix this ?

emanuele

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Skaty

emanuele

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce the issue here...though I'm using an updated version compared to the one on the mod site, a version that I never finished to test...
If you want to try:
https://github.com/emanuele45/Advanced-Signature/archive/master.zip
Since the method used to store the signatures is changed (and I did the work quite a bit of time ago) I don't remember if it is backward compatible with the current method.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Skaty

hi, i don't wanna use signature function in personal messages what should i do ?

emanuele

There is no option to handle signatures in PMs and posts differently.
If you don't want to use it, you can set it to "none" each time. At the moment it's the only way.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

I uploaded a new package called "beta" that should fix the "empty signature" Skaty reported.
Let me know if it works.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Skaty

i try to install it but there is to much manuel editing data, can't uninstall old one and install the new one. can you give me just the codes ?

Advertisement: