News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Quick Reply -> Show, on by default

Started by ckelly06, February 01, 2011, 03:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

seems that in 2.1 this has been taken care of. there is no way to disable the quick reply, it is always shown and cannot be collapsed at all.

oOo--STAR--oOo

This still needs fixing...

Scenario, I have a custom theme, I choose Configure guest and new user options for this theme *My custom theme that is active* And set the option  Use quick reply on topic display: Show on by default.. Soon as I register a new account, there is an new row inserted into the smf_themes table with
id_theme = 1 variable = display_quick_reply  value = 1
When my custom themes ID = 2, users are not allowed to choose themes and this theme is also the forums overall default theme.

Also, how come when I choose defaults for my custom theme, most of the options go into the default theme?
Configure guest and new user options for this theme (19 options currently set.) **DEAFULT SMF THEME*
Configure guest and new user options for this theme (2 options currently set.) **MY CUSTOM THEME**

Looked in the DB, yes it made 19 options for theme ID = 1 and only 2 for my custom theme ID =2

wysiwyg_default
posts_apply_ignore_list

Are the only options that assigned to theme ID = 2

After looking at the register.php file I discovered this line

// If Quick Reply hasn't been set then set it to be shown but collapsed.
if (!isset($regOptions['theme_vars']['display_quick_reply']))
$regOptions['theme_vars']['display_quick_reply'] = 1;

I just deleted this code and it seems to of solved the problem.
Now it will use the options above.. But still why do the options get assigned to the default theme and not my theme.. Even though they are active why is the theme ID not my theme?

Also, when I have custom profile fields, if they are empty, why is there a row inserted with theme ID again 1 but the value is blank..
It should really not put anything in the database if their is nothing submitted its just clogging up the database.. I will post a fix to that soon.

SMF 2.0.11
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

Advertisement: