News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Mod Package information is gone...

Started by henrik1782, February 02, 2011, 06:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henrik1782

I have some mods installed but suddenly in the package manager none of them is marked as installed. Is this information stored in a file or in MySQL? and have you any clues on how to get this information back.
My favorite mods: Forum Firewall, httBL, MessagePreviewOnHover, BoardHover Mod, VB Style Board Index, Separate Replies and Views Column, Realtime clock by Joker, ENotify, Topic Solved.

kat

Hi, Henrik! Welcome!

First lesson learnt: BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING ANY MODS/THEMES!

Does this help, at all?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=400356.0

Illori

i am not sure that is what they are asking for K@... I think they want to know why the package manager is showing 0 installed packages instead of how ever many they actually are using. I believe there is a file in the Packages folder that contains the information as to which mods you have installed. it is possible this file got corrupted or removed from your install. Are you in need of uninstalling a mod?

Arantor

In 2.0, the list of what's installed is stored in the smf_log_packages table (not the installed.list file in the Packages folder, though it must exist and contain a timestamp of the last installed package)

kat

Oh, yeah...

Still, what I suggested could still fix it, I'd assume.

(I'm willing to be proven wrong, though).

Arantor

Not really, it's all in the database. If the table's full of information, then installed.list is wrong and can be fixed easily enough. If it's empty, there's not a lot you can do about it that way because the DB state is inconsistent with the file state.

henrik1782

Hi...

Could not get the backups  solution to work.

The smf_log_packages table seems to have all the information. Can you describe how to generate a installed.list file.
My favorite mods: Forum Firewall, httBL, MessagePreviewOnHover, BoardHover Mod, VB Style Board Index, Separate Replies and Views Column, Realtime clock by Joker, ENotify, Topic Solved.

Arantor

Do you have a file in Packages/ called installed.list and if so, what's in it?

It should be a file containing a 10 digit number and nothing else.

henrik1782

Hi Arantor...

This is the number: 1296774808

Arantor

That should be fine.

Is there anything else in the Packages folder?

henrik1782

Hi  Arantor...

All the mod packages, backup directory and

index.php
package-info.xml

Arantor

Then I see no reason why it should not be working.

henrik1782

Hi Arentor...

Sad to hear...  :( so its the hard way. Back and start all over.

Just a thought... could it be a file permission issue somewhere?

If I am going to start from scratch, can I restore the original theame, leave the smg_log_packages as they are in MySQL and start installing the mods...?

I know that I should take a backup of the DB  :)

henrik1782

Hi Arentor...

I can see in the DB that some mods are repeated

55 TopicSolved1.1.1 Blue_Dream:TopicSolved Topic Solved 1.1.1 1 Henrik Poulsen
56 TopicSolved1.1.1 Blue_Dream:TopicSolved Topic Solved 1.1.1 1 Henrik Poulsen
57 TopicSolved1.1.1 Blue_Dream:TopicSolved Topic Solved 1.1.1 1 Henrik Poulsen

I have several mods that has repeated entries. Can this cause any problems...?

Arantor

No, it's supposed to be that way, because it's the *log* of package installations, so when you've installed and uninstalled mods you will get repeated rows like that.

henrik1782

henrik1782

Hi...

Can anyone advise me how to start all over. Can I copy source  and theme directory from a fresh install and just install the mods once more.

Suki

to start over, you will need the large update zip for your version,  take a look at this message:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=419301.msg2930267#msg2930267
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

larryhyman

Open the smf2_log_packages table and put a 1 in the install_state column to show that a package is installed
In god we trust, all others pay cash !

http://hyman.sytes.net

Arantor

Quote from: larryhyman on February 14, 2011, 11:14:55 PM
Open the smf2_log_packages table and put a 1 in the install_state column to show that a package is installed

In case you didn't read the above, this was tried by the OP, and in any case it would screw up things that are meant be left alone.

Advertisement: