News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Where is ModSettings.php

Started by tsis_k, February 02, 2011, 10:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsis_k

What are these two files in SMF 2.x? I'm trying to manually install the Disable Decrease Post Count Mod to my forum (SMF 2 RC 4) and I can find these two files. Thanks in advance.

./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php
./Sources/ModSettings.php

Deaks

those files are not used in 2.0 RC4 they are 1.1.12 files

in 2.0 the equivelant files are ManageSettings.php and ManageSettings.english.php
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

JBlaze

You'd be better off putting all language strings into Modifications.english.php. It's better for consistency, and no matter what those strings are always loaded so long as $txt is brought into scope.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

tsis_k

Ahh... in that case, do you have any suggestion where I should insert the below code in the ManageSettings.php or the appropriate file I should add to?

// Reporting of personal messages?
array('check', 'enableReportPM'),
'',
// Decrease post count option.
array('check', 'disablePostDecreasePostCount'),
array('check', 'disableTopicDecreasePostCount'),
'',

This Mod hasn't been update for such a long time, I don't even know if it will event work but I desperately need this Mod to work for my forum. If anyone can help, I will very much appreciate your help.

Deaks

ok look for this:

// Mod authors, add any settings UNDER this line. Include a comma at the end of the line and don't remove this statement!!

replace it with

// Mod authors, add any settings UNDER this line. Include a comma at the end of the line and don't remove this statement!!
// Reporting of personal messages?
         array('check', 'enableReportPM'),
      '',
         // Decrease post count option.
         array('check', 'disablePostDecreasePostCount'),
         array('check', 'disableTopicDecreasePostCount'),
      '',
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: