News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Free] Message Icon (mobile/device icon) for iPod/iPhone, Mobile and BlackBerry?

Started by Rain Forest, February 03, 2011, 12:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain Forest

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could make a simple mod which makes it possible to send posts from iPod/iPhone, Mobile or Blackberry and the message icon of there post automaticly will turn into:

- iPod/iPhone:
- Mobile:
- BlackBerry:

For: SMF 2 RC 4

Regards,

Giovannie

NanoSector

Mobile is already done by default.

For the other ones there may be a trick but give me some time and I'll look at it :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

I should point out that even desktop users can use the mobile icon with zero effort...

Fudging the icon for other types of mobile users won't be that hard but it's somewhat unreliable...

EDIT: Yes I did just post this message with a mobile icon from a non mobile device, i.e. a laptop running IE7.

Rain Forest

Quote from: Arantor on February 03, 2011, 02:58:29 PM
I should point out that even desktop users can use the mobile icon with zero effort...

Fudging the icon for other types of mobile users won't be that hard but it's somewhat unreliable...

EDIT: Yes I did just post this message with a mobile icon from a non mobile device, i.e. a laptop running IE7.

I know that ;wap2 gives you the 'wireless' icon. :)

@SST, thanks!

Arantor

Specifically, using any of ;wap, ;wap2 or ;imode will give you that, and there's no test for the others in the system for that.

You would look at the code in Post.php though for where it sets the icon to mobile based on WIRELESS or not. It's not complex code.

NanoSector

I am surely aware of what method I am gonna use, and where I am gonna do it.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

Great, I try to suggest something that might be useful based on experience and that's the attitude I get for it. Wish I hadn't bothered now.

NanoSector

Quote from: Arantor on February 04, 2011, 05:54:53 AM
Great, I try to suggest something that might be useful based on experience and that's the attitude I get for it. Wish I hadn't bothered now.
I know you've expirienced everything in SMF, Arantor, but also let me figure things out myself ;)

Rain Forest

So, to be realistic.. Is the device icon possible or is it too hard to make such a mod? :)

And Arantor, I know you ment it well.

NanoSector

It indeed is possible, just give me some time to figure things out, okay? ;)

Rain Forest

Quote from: Simple Series team on February 04, 2011, 08:49:42 AM
It indeed is possible, just give me some time to figure things out, okay? ;)
Sure!

Thanks in advance! :)

OFF-T: You are from Holland?

NanoSector

Marcus Forsberg

NanoSector

Rain Forest

NanoSector

Rain Forest

NanoSector

Quote from: giovannie_1 on February 04, 2011, 03:52:25 PM
Quote from: Simple Series team on February 04, 2011, 03:26:37 PM
I'll start at once sine i really haven't got the time this week :(
Ik hoop dat je het zo gevonden hebt. :)
Not really...the code's a mess.
Niet echt...de code is echt een rommeltje.

I'm sorry but you need to find someone else for this job....ARANTOR?!!!

Advertisement: