[Free] Message Icon (mobile/device icon) for iPod/iPhone, Mobile and BlackBerry?

Started by Rain Forest, February 03, 2011, 12:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

Quote from: Arantor on February 04, 2011, 05:54:53 AM
Great, I try to suggest something that might be useful based on experience and that's the attitude I get for it. Wish I hadn't bothered now.
That seems to be the order of the day, Arantor. Got a few of those sour remarks back myself lately. Solution: stop helping other developers and work only on your own lol. :P :)

Quote from: giovannie_1 on February 03, 2011, 12:27:20 PM
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could make a simple mod which makes it possible to send posts from iPod/iPhone, Mobile or Blackberry and the message icon of there post automaticly will turn into:

- iPod/iPhone:
- Mobile:
- BlackBerry:

For: SMF 2 RC 4

Regards,

Giovannie

If I may suggest..this could be great to be put inside the post, but not as a messageicon. Next to "logged" perhaps?

Rain Forest

Quote from: Bloc on March 04, 2011, 05:39:44 AM
Quote from: Arantor on February 04, 2011, 05:54:53 AM
Great, I try to suggest something that might be useful based on experience and that's the attitude I get for it. Wish I hadn't bothered now.
That seems to be the order of the day, Arantor. Got a few of those sour remarks back myself lately. Solution: stop helping other developers and work only on your own lol. :P :)

Quote from: giovannie_1 on February 03, 2011, 12:27:20 PM
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could make a simple mod which makes it possible to send posts from iPod/iPhone, Mobile or Blackberry and the message icon of there post automaticly will turn into:

- iPod/iPhone:
- Mobile:
- BlackBerry:

For: SMF 2 RC 4

Regards,

Giovannie

If I may suggest..this could be great to be put inside the post, but not as a messageicon. Next to "logged" perhaps?

Or 'Username' wherever around the forums.

I was been informed by a friend, this mod into the messageincon has the best change.
Don't ask me why :)

~DS~

QuoteIf I may suggest..this could be great to be put inside the post, but not as a messageicon. Next to "logged" perhaps?
I agree. :)
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Rain Forest

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

NanoSector

It's even possible to transfer the background of the Curve theme in your head's image..
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Rain Forest

Ah, I didn't know.

Like I said, I was been informed if I want the mod it has the best change to put it into the messageicon.  :)

NanoSector

Quote from: giovannie_1 on March 04, 2011, 10:16:21 AM
Ah, I didn't know.

Like I said, I was been informed if I want the mod it has the best change to put it into the messageicon.  :)
You can change everything in SMF :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

bloc

Quote from: giovannie_1 on March 04, 2011, 10:16:21 AM
Ah, I didn't know.

It looks ok there too of course..but IMHO it then rules out using the message-icon for other things. So putting a browser aware icon might work better somewhere else, keeping the freedom to use the other icons. But then again, if you seldom use the other icons - then its no issue.

Arantor

If you put the information somewhere else, you have to store it somewhere. SMF doesn't have arbitrary storage of information per post, so nowhere to store it other than the message icon.

Rain Forest

Rain Forest

Texan78

I would be interested in trying this mod out. Where can I find it?

Also does this only work with the mobile version of SMF or could it be used with Tapatalk?

Rain Forest

Quote from: Texan78 on August 24, 2012, 02:57:31 PM
I would be interested in trying this mod out. Where can I find it?

Also does this only work with the mobile version of SMF or could it be used with Tapatalk?

I am using this mod at my new forums www.bluetender.net, you can try this out.
I'm not sure about that second question. I'm using the mobile browser for posting.

Texan78

When I mean try it out, I mean install it on my fourm.

Where can I download the mod?

-Thanks

Rain Forest

You should try to send Yağız a PM :)

He's the author of this mod and the only one who is allowed to share.

ocmdiaz714

Quote from: Yağız... on March 03, 2011, 07:14:55 AM
I won't upload it to the mod site, just send me a PM if you want it :)

Hi, can I have the [Free] Message Icon (mobile/device icon) mod? Thanks.

Rain Forest

Advertisement: