News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

You are unable to connect to simplemachines.org 's latest news file.

Started by Kulert, February 04, 2011, 01:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kulert

Welcome!

I have paid hosting. Today I installed the CMS version 2.0 RC 4 and I have a problem. I received an inscription:
"You are unable to connect to simplemachines.org 's latest news file."

I tried all versions of this forum and in every such a thing is ... , /

In the MySQL database, what should be filled is empty ... , /
Screen:

I looked through all the threads regarding my problem, but nothing helped, /

kat

When the server, here, gets busy, you won't be able to connect to the news file.

Kulert

In Error log, when i run task, have this:
Could not retrieve the file http://www.simplemachines.org/smf/current-version.js?version=SMF+2.0+RC4.

When i click on this link, i see version, co why i can get in to mysql? ;/

kat

I'm afraid that I have no idea what you're asking.

If it helps, we have language-specific boards, here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=12.0

Kulert

Sorry, my English is not a super good, but I try as best as I can. :)

What I mean is that as I click on the button in the SMF: Admin, it's redirected to where it should be the news I have this inscription:
"You are unable to connect to simplemachines.org 's latest news file."

I thought this is something with MYSQL database (First Screen), and perhaps that is because it seems to me that those blank fields (date) should be completed in accordance with the current version of the CMS which I have, with current news, etc. ..

I performed the tasks, which are responsible for the Java (Scheduled Tasks), but it also did not help. Next, I can not see the news, etc. ..
After completing this task, I have this error log entry:
"Could not retrieve the file http://www.simplemachines.org/smf/current-version.js?version=SMF+2.0+RC4."

I need it very much because I can not download the language packs, I can not see the latest themes, packages, etc. ..

He asked me for help. I know that such a thing can occur on free hostings, but I have paid ... :)

kat

No, it's nothing wrong with anything, your end.

The server, here, keep getting DDOS attacked and that affects the news thing, too.

lewism

This has been happening on my new install as well, since day one. The site is live so it's not a firewall issue or anything along those lines. I believe I installed this about 2 or 3 weeks ago and have never once seen anything different for a message.

You are unable to connect to simplemachines.org's latest news file.

Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0 RC4
Current SMF version: ??
(more detailed)

I am not familiar enough with the software yet to know how to update but assume I can download the update and overwrite, much like joomla.

kat

It's as I said, earlier.

It's got nothing to do with your forum, really. It's fine.

It''s the server, here.

We keep getting DDOS attacked by some Russians, Chinese, etc.

If you get the "Server under stress" error, here, it's for the same reason.

lewism

>It's got nothing to do with your forum, really. It's fine.

Yes, I read that and understand.

>It''s the server, here.
>We keep getting DDOS attacked by some Russians, Chinese, etc.

Are you saying you suffer this 24/7? That is incredible. In the few weeks I've had SMF installed, I have not once seen the update option reach your server, this must mean the DDOS attack is pretty much constant?

Such a terrible waste of the Internet. If they can't work hard on something and make something of themselves, then they spend all their energy trying to hurt others who have.

lewism

Makes me wonder how long before countries start blocking other countries entirely. That's just plain absurd behavior. Not that I'm new to it, we've been in the Internet business for many years and have suffered our own but nothing that went on for weeks. Two days I think was the most.

Vince S

This "error" just turned up when I upgraded from 1.1.13 to 2.0RC5 a few hours ago. So the timing would just be a coincidence than and should become OK over the next hours or days I guess?
Try figuring out where all this is going to keep coming from: Millionaire Baby? Or just pass me a beer and we'll sort it, thank you.....

Advertisement: