lock category

Started by tonydang, February 05, 2011, 11:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonydang

how do i lock a category so users wont allow to post except within a child category. For example, i am doing cars. the car has different folders like bmw, honda, toyota...i want to lock the car category but let users post inside bmw, honda, etc...right now it seem like users can post new topic inside of cars but i want it to be lock

Acans

Hi tonydang,

I believe your talking about boards, not category's. Category's are the sections of where the boards are located. However, on to your issue.

To do this, select modify next to your Car board, and change the permissions from Default, to Read Only. This will mean only Administrators and moderators can post or start new topics in this board.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

tonydang

can you copy a child category? i do not want to make 7 same child category.

JBlaze

Make the parent board read-only. Then make sure the sub-boards are set to default.

You can set board permission profiles in the manage boards section of the admin panel.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Advertisement: