News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[WIP] Harmonia

Started by bloc, February 07, 2011, 03:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

This is a theme that sprung out of another topic at this site, but which i decided to work further on. Its a theme taken inspiration from "filing cabinets", hence the stacked layout on the topics/child boards.

In this I also tried a different way to show hot topics(they are colored stronger for hotter topics) and the locked/stickies have their own special look to match the general idea.

I'll be posting Boardindex/Display drafts and possibly a few other templates as well, once they are ready, but note that its *drafts* only - not a working theme. Should not be a problem converting it though. :)

Any comments are welcome.

Antechinus

Ok, admit it. You nicked this from one of Fussilet's tutorials, right? ;)

bloc

Hahaaha (falls off chair) Darn, you caught me ;D

Chair

WOW! I love it already! :) Excellent work. Could do with some epic colour modifications though, I've never been one to take an interest in all these bland light colours... I believe websites should have contrast. But beautiful nontheless, the sticky and locked icons are truly amazing. You've come a long way, Bloc, and only now are we beginning to see some of the full end-user potential of SMF... bravo! I say give it 2 more years and vBulletin will be a thing of the past. :D

JBlaze

Quote from: Antechinus on February 07, 2011, 03:34:18 AM
Nope. He stole it from templatemonster.com. Even downloaded it from TPB!

Tsk tsk... :P

Nice work Bloc.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Marcus Forsberg

That is one friggin' good looking draft. :D

NanoSector

When I saw it I thought "OMG where the **** is that ZIP? LEMME GET IT"
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

kat

OK, it's official.

Bloc is GOD!!!

Chair

Quote from: K@ on February 07, 2011, 06:48:23 AM
OK, it's official.

Bloc is GOD!!!

I officially declare the church of Blocentology open to the public. May the Father, Son, and the holy PHP string be with you

NanoSector

Quote from: Chair on February 07, 2011, 07:29:17 AM
Quote from: K@ on February 07, 2011, 06:48:23 AM
OK, it's official.

Bloc is GOD!!!

I officially declare the church of Blocentology open to the public. May the Father, Son, and the holy PHP string be with you
Blocentology?
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

bloc

oops, I think another topic must have creeped in here lol..

Like the "holy PHP string" though(can do without the others *cough* ) that must be awesome, assuming its the ultimate PHP knowledge?  Yep, I could have a use for that.

Blocentology must be a mix between Scientology and Bloc. *shudders*

JBlaze

In the name of Apache, MySQL and the Holy PHP, Amen.

I prefer Blocism. Sounds better and shorter.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

NanoSector

Quote from: Bloc on February 07, 2011, 07:39:16 AM

Like the "holy PHP string" though(can do without the others *cough* ) that must be awesome, assuming its the ultimate PHP knowledge?  Yep, I could have a use for that.

Blocentology must a mix between Scientology and Bloc. *shudders*
Oh like that ;D

@JBlaze: Blocism sounds better, yes :P

bloc

lol :D

Just to be clear though, this theme is to be a free theme. Have a good feeling about it, so I'll prob. be ready with more drafts in the following days. And then I will need that holy PHP spirit to sort out the code. ;D

NanoSector

Quote from: Bloc on February 07, 2011, 07:59:33 AM
lol :D

Just to be clear though, this theme is to be a free theme. Have a good feeling about it, so I'll prob. be ready with more drafts in the following days. And then I will need that holy PHP spirit to sort out the code. ;D
Free = best ;D

Deaks

better colors be good Bloc, but ive been saying that from the other topic ... also live demo :P
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

bloc

Added Boardindex and Display drafts to the first post. I am not 100% there with those..so expect more changes. :)

Marcus Forsberg

Antechinus

This sucker has potential for sure.

bloc

- Added a changed Display draft, some changed colors and positioning. Prob. will be the one I will use. :)

ormuz

Quote from: Antechinus on February 07, 2011, 03:34:18 AM

What is the tutorial?

Antechinus

I tend to agree that the second is a slight improvement. What does it look like without a poll on top?

How about that idea of moving the quickbuttons beneath the post content? I defo plan on playing with that as soon as I get time, and you seemed to like the idea too.

Also, how are you planning on handling long topic titles on narrowish screens? It may need hidden overflow.

Oh yeah and although the rectangular poll bars work well in either colour (IMO) the lack of any definition around their edges makes them look a bit unfinished to my eye.

bloc

Yes, I think I will extend the "flip" header on single posts in Display template, to all the width and move the quickbuttons rather. Long titles will look funny being wrapped.

CrocWeb

CrocWeb [nofollow] | LiteSpeed Powered cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting Solutions
24/7 Technical Support - 60 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.99% Uptime Guarantee
www.crocweb.com [nofollow] - In Business since 2009!

DoctorMalboro

Awesomeness is your middle name, dude ;)

Robert.

Akyhne

I like my version better xD

jetescamilla

Bloc, this is looking really good.  Its probably the best theme I have seen for the application for my forum I am developing.  I cant wait for it do done so I can try it out.  If you take donations let me know because I would feel guilty using that for free.

AllanD

wow it's awesome great Job Bloc.
Hope it's ready soon :D
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

Neekiinh0

Oh my god!! excellent theme, congratulations!

Adaptamos themes de otras plataformas a SMF!
Contactame por MP o Skype: neekiinh0 para saber mas.

Crip

Excellent Bloc as always. :)
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

AllanD

any updates for us Bloc
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

bloc

The theme will be part of a theme project I am working on, so its not done yet.

Neekiinh0

Ken.

"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

Neekiinh0

Alpay

kingkingston

Quote from: Bloc on February 07, 2011, 07:39:16 AM

Blocentology must be a mix between Scientology and Bloc. *shudders*
Tom Cruise is on the phone

kingkingston

Quote from: CrazieGrafix on April 02, 2011, 07:53:48 PM
wow it's awesome great Job Bloc.
Hope it's ready soon :D
wish i could get a good bloc job  :o

kingkingston

bloc

Yes. :) As mentioned for "blokr" too: was destined to be part of a base theme project, but it will be a normal theme now.

kingkingston

Quote from: Bloc on August 22, 2011, 05:47:17 AM
Yes. :) As mentioned for "blokr" too: was destined to be part of a base theme project, but it will be a normal theme now.
Well i think these 2 themes take it to another level.

Advertisement: