News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Cumulus

Started by Bugo, February 11, 2011, 10:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r2d2-trader

Hey Bugo,

i'd like to use your mod with PortaMX. Could you please give me hint what i should write into the php-Block for getting the Tag Cloud. It also would be great to combine it with the Tags created by SMF-Tagging System mod instead of the Titles of the Topics.

cu Rob
"Aller Anfang ist leicht, und die letzten Stufen werden am schwersten und seltensten erstiegen."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bugo

1) Disable cumulus in settings.
2) Paste into your php block this line:
echo cumulus();

QuoteIt also would be great to combine it with the Tags created by SMF-Tagging System mod instead of the Titles of the Topics.
Done. Try version 0.7 ;)

r2d2-trader

wow - that was pretty fast - well done, i'm impressed.

thx Rob
"Aller Anfang ist leicht, und die letzten Stufen werden am schwersten und seltensten erstiegen."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

jafonseca

Quote from: Bugo on September 29, 2011, 03:25:22 PM
1) Disable cumulus in settings.
2) Paste into your php block this line:
echo cumulus();

QuoteIt also would be great to combine it with the Tags created by SMF-Tagging System mod instead of the Titles of the Topics.
Done. Try version 0.7 ;)
I have upgrade to version 0.7 and I still view board topics, not see the tags what can i Do?

Bugo

1) Tagging System must be installed.
2) Enable "Tagging System Compatibility mode" on Cumulus settings.

Adrek

Everything works great, but in previous version tag or topics cloud was centered. Now its aligned to left.
How to move it back to center?
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Bugo

Open Subs-Cumulus.php, find "padding: 1px; text-align: center" and replace with "padding: 1px; text-align: center; margin: 0 auto".

jafonseca

Quote from: Bugo on September 30, 2011, 11:41:36 AM
1) Tagging System must be installed.
2) Enable "Tagging System Compatibility mode" on Cumulus settings.

Tagging system installed, but doesnt appear Cumulus setting in my site, can I enable "Tagging System Compatibility mode" in Sql database with phpMyadmin?

Bugo

Well, try add (or change) value of variable "cumulus_tagsystem" in settings table (in database) to "1".

P.S. Do you have SMF 2.0 (or 2.0.1) Final? If no, you cannot use this mod.

jafonseca

Quote from: Bugo on September 30, 2011, 05:52:31 PM
Well, try add (or change) value of variable "cumulus_tagsystem" in settings table (in database) to "1".

P.S. Do you have SMF 2.0 (or 2.0.1) Final? If no, you cannot use this mod.

sorry smf rc5  :( :'(

Connor Macleod

Hi!

I am running SMF 2.0.1. with the Argentum2 theme. It has been established that mods using Jquery do not work well with this theme since it uses motools. Don't ask me why, I have just read that in the various support threads for the theme, can't find the exact link now.

What happens when I install Cumulus Congestus is that some menu items like "Configurations / Modifications" do not work anymore, they return a long URL and a blank page. The only way to navigate out of it is to go a few steps BACK in the browser, then uninstall package again. Fortunately the package manager itself is not affected by the error, otherwise I would be really stuck...

NOTE: There are no problems reported when installing with Package manager. Usually you get some problem reported in red colour and a recommendation not to continue, and if you still do it then you might expect this kind of error. But in this case all looks well.

This FYI, if you use Jquery I think it explains the case, if so I would ask that you include this info in the mod description. Thanks!

Bugo

No, I don't use jQuery with this mod. Maybe you forgot install Flash plugin for your browser?
Please, look at screenshot. This is SMF 2.0.1, Argentum2 + Cumulus. All menu items work well.

P.S. Don't forget choose the Blockweb style in Cumulus settings (Block title appearance style option).
P.S.S. Mootools & jQuery work together if use jQuery.noConflict() function.

Connor Macleod

Quote from: Bugo on October 04, 2011, 10:29:32 AM
No, I don't use jQuery with this mod. Maybe you forgot install Flash plugin for your browser?
Please, look at screenshot. This is SMF 2.0.1, Argentum2 + Cumulus. All menu items work well.

Thanks a million for a very fast and in-depth answer. Taking the time to set it up and make a screenshot - awesome!

I have Flash and the mod itself actually worked, but I got this problem with the menus. I am running a lot of different mods but I thought most of them at least shouldn't affect each other as they only add very small things in very different areas of the forum. So what I did when I got this problem was uninstall all mods and then reinstall one by one until I noticed that the bug appeared. And it happened after installing this mod, but also after one or two other mods. So I wrote similar messages to them.

Quote from: Bugo on October 04, 2011, 10:29:32 AM
P.S. Don't forget choose the Blockweb style in Cumulus settings (Block title appearance style option).
P.S.S. Mootools & jQuery work together if use jQuery.noConflict() function.

Thanks again! I will also pass on the info to the Argentum developer Bloc. Surely he knows this, but perhaps he can somehow include it in the mod info for people like me...

hhy89

good work buddy  ;)

for turkish character problem
in Subs-Cumulus.php
find(bul):
$tags = iconv("CP1251","UTF-8", $tags);
replace(degistir)
$tags = iconv("ISO-8859-9","UTF-8",$tags);

and active "Convert cyrillic symbols to UTF-8(UTF-8 Dönüstürme)"

and turkish language file
Seo4Smf 2.0 - Full Top10 Stats(full top10) - Aligned and Bilateral Child Boards(2li 3lü alt bölümler)
http://www.smfmod.com
http://destek.smfmod.com

Bugo

ANSI only? What about utf-8 turkish?

hhy89

yeah only ansi. no problem for utf turkish
Seo4Smf 2.0 - Full Top10 Stats(full top10) - Aligned and Bilateral Child Boards(2li 3lü alt bölümler)
http://www.smfmod.com
http://destek.smfmod.com

Bugo

Mm, try replace it
$tags = iconv("ISO-8859-9","UTF-8",$tags);
with
$tags = iconv($context['character_set'], "UTF-8", $tags);
Does it work?

Lady Night Owl

Hello, sounds like a great mod, but the file type isn't compatible with the package manager as shown in the attachment.

Bugo, translating your answers when you're replying to posters who speak your native language might save you from having to answer the same questions later in English because others don't understand - might as well get two birds with one stone. :)  Or here's another remedy which makes my previous point moot - if you want to know what he said, look it up: http://translate.google.com/  Though I'm not sure of how accurate it will be, you can probably get the gist.

Quote from: vladokIt would be nice to build the module - with some sections read popular topics (all scores and all output from the spoken sections and have a right ...:)) - but with what there is something in + Chrome sausage stick is not childish ...

Quote from: BugoCan. Unfortunately, no SSI required functions, so you need to create special SQL-queries to retrieve those from certain sections.

P. S. Your "guide" the latest messages sausage also not a child:)
Running SMF 2.0.1

Bugo

Strange. I have the same problem with all smfsimple.com's mods (...filename.com.zip).
It seems a browser doesn't understand filenames with spaces. I'll try to rename files.

Advertisement: