News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Manual.english.php Errors in Log

Started by brooksthepro, February 11, 2011, 11:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brooksthepro

When someone views the Help section, I get a bunch of these messages in the Error Log:

8: Undefined index: manual_index_forum_admins_note_presentation
File: /home2/prucalin/public_html/Prucalforum/Themes/default/languages/Manual.english.php (manual_intro sub template - eval?)
Line: 236

I dont see any problems viewing the help section. I just get these error messages someone views it.

I have edited some of the text in that section.  Would this be causing the issue?

Attached is my Manual.english.php file.  Any help would be great.

Ashley S

It's just a theme error. It wont do anything to your forum.
You will get these errors with all themes. If you get any more report them here.

Suki

most likely the error isn't in the file you attached,  can you please turn off the eval from your forum admin, clean your error log,  browse your forum, go back to the error log and post the new errors.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Matthew K.

The problem is you removed a text string ($txt['manual_index_forum_admins_note_presentation']) from Manual.english.php so it's not defined anywhere, but it's still being called from the template.

You really shouldn't remove text strings without removing the CALL to them. It's not as simple as one line.

So open Manual.english.php and add $txt['manual_index_forum_admins_note_presentation'] = '';

Clear your error log, go to the help section and you should not have any errors related to this in the log anymore.

Best Regards,
Labradoodle-360

brooksthepro

There are a Bunch of them:  They all happen at the same time when someone views the Help section:

Am I correct in assuming that the theme for the help section is looking for the text in the manual.english.php file that I deleted and it is erroring out on me?  How would I stop this?

I just went to the Help section and got these errors for my user:

8: Undefined index: manual_index_forum_admins_note_presentation
File: /home2/prucalin/public_html/Prucalforum/Themes/default/languages/Manual.english.php (manual_intro sub template - eval?)
Line: 236

8: Undefined index: manual_index_register_desc_part2
Line: 225

8: Undefined index: manual_index_register_desc_link_registering

8: Undefined index: manual_index_register_desc_part1

8: Undefined index: manual_index_login_desc_part2
Line: 224

8: Undefined index: manual_index_login_desc_link_loginout

8: Undefined index: manual_index_login_desc_part1

8: Undefined index: manual_index_calendar_desc_part2
Line: 223

8: Undefined index: manual_index_calendar_desc_link_posting_calendar

8: Undefined index: manual_index_calendar_desc_part1

8: Undefined index: manual_index_search_desc_part2
Line: 222

8: Undefined index: manual_index_search_desc_link_searching

8: Undefined index: manual_index_search_desc_part1

8: Undefined index: manual_index_help_desc
Line: 221

8: Undefined index: manual_index_home_desc_part2
Line: 220

8: Undefined index: manual_index_home_desc_link_board

8: Undefined index: manual_index_home_desc_part1

8: Undefined index: manual_index_suppossing_guest
Line: 218

8: Undefined index: manual_index_guest_permit_read_part2
Line: 210

8: Undefined index: manual_index_guest_permit_read_link_registering

8: Undefined index: manual_index_guest_permit_read_part1

8: Undefined index: manual_index_you_have_arrived_part3
Line: 209

8: Undefined index: manual_index_you_have_arrived_link_site0_board

8: Undefined index: manual_index_you_have_arrived_part2

8: Undefined index: manual_index_you_have_arrived_link_site0

8: Undefined index: manual_index_you_have_arrived_part1

Matthew K.

Please attach Help.template.php. (./Themes/default)

brooksthepro

Here you go. thanks again labradoodle-360!

Matthew K.

Due to some stupid high stress messages, I cannot download the file right now...I'll try back shortly...sorry for the delay.

brooksthepro

No worries.

should i just delete the presentation string here?

</ul>
<p>', $txt['manual_index_forum_admins_note_presentation'], '</p>
<h2 id="board">', $txt['manual_index_sec_board_index'], '</h2>
<p>', $txt['manual_index_sec_board_index_def'], '</p>
<div style="border: solid 1px;">
<div style="padding: 2px 30px;">
<table width="100%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">
<tr>

Matthew K.

Well, I assume you don't want that text showing anyways, right? Because you removed the actual string...if you don't want it, then remove
<p>', $txt['manual_index_forum_admins_note_presentation'], '</p>Although by the looks of the log, we'll have to do some more cleaning in Help.template.php.

brooksthepro

Yes i will have to go through and do it for each one.  I will let you know if it fixes the problem.  Thanks again.

Matthew K.

Still can't download the file, or I'd do it for you. Should be as simple as using a good text editor to go through and remove each instance of the $txt strings that you removed from Manual.english.php.

brooksthepro

I did it for all of them now i get this syntax error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home2/prucalin/public_html/Prucalforum/Themes/default/Help.template.php on line 2199
2190: <ol>
2191: <li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help;page=registering#how-to">', '</a></li>
2192: </ol>
2193: <h2 id="how-to">', '</h2>
2194: <ul>
2195: <li>', '<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help;page=index#main">', '</a>'  '</li>
2196: </ul>
2197: <table width="400" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" class="tborder" align="center">
2198: <tr class="titlebg">
2199: <td>', $txt['manual_registering_warning'], '</td> ;
2200: </tr>
2201: <tr>
2202: <td class="windowbg" style="padding-top: 2ex; padding-bottom: 2ex;">', '<br />
2203: ', '<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help;page=registering#screen" class="board">', '</a>', '</td>

Matthew K.

Code (This) Select
2191: <li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help;page=registering#how-to">', '</a></li>
Code (Should Be) Select
2191: <li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help;page=registering#how-to"></a></li>
Or even completely removed if you're not putting text in it.

Masterd

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on February 11, 2011, 11:37:48 AM
most likely the error isn't in the file you attached,  can you please turn off the eval from your forum admin, clean your error log,  browse your forum, go back to the error log and post the new errors.

This is SMF 1.x support. :P

Install this mod and enable it.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2054

Then empty your error log and take a look at it once again.   

Matthew K.

There's no need to at this point since it's simply a syntax issue of forgetting to put another ', or in this case, even having ' and ,.
Quote from: Masterd on February 11, 2011, 01:47:26 PM
Quote from: Miss All Sunday on February 11, 2011, 11:37:48 AM

This is SMF 1.x support. :P

Install this mod and enable it.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2054

Then empty your error log and take a look at it once again.   

brooksthepro

I did what you said and still get the error.

it says the error is on line 2199

Masterd

brooksthepro

Ok i completely deleted the line and the syntax error went away. but i still have a couple more errors in the log. Hold up, im going to continue to fiddle with it.

brooksthepro

OK i think i got it all sorted out now guys. I really appreciate your help. You have no idea!

Advertisement: