notCaptcha

Started by fr3aker, February 11, 2011, 12:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fr3aker

being logged in with another browser shouldnt matter, i do this all the time at my test installation.

have you already tried getting back, reloading the page (not images, whole page) and register then?

aw06

Quote from: fr3aker on February 12, 2011, 03:29:21 PM
being logged in with another browser shouldnt matter, i do this all the time at my test installation.

have you already tried getting back, reloading the page (not images, whole page) and register then?

I didn't try that , i used another pc and it registered .. i will try that now and let you know
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

aw06

tried again and it worked .. i wonder what caused the error when i got it thou ?
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

fr3aker

such a session error can for example be caused by restarting the browser or waiting too long (so the session times out).
you better do what the error message recommends to do, that would be much less problems ;)

aw06

Think i might rename the error to ..

Your session has timed out. Please, reload this page and re-register

O:)

fr3aker

Version 1.03 is out

QuoteVersion 1.03 - 13.02.2011
   ! cookie exception handling
   * some code cleanup
   ? completely reinstall notCaptcha (including your config), backup your custom pictures

if you have applied changes to your config and want to keep it, change the variable name from "$modSettings['notCaptcha']['notcaptcha_imagesize']" to "$modSettings['notCaptcha']['imagesize']"

MaXiForum.cz

Really very nice modification :-)

aw06

Quote from: fr3aker on February 13, 2011, 06:32:46 AM
Version 1.03 is out

QuoteVersion 1.03 - 13.02.2011
   ! cookie exception handling
   * some code cleanup
   ? completely reinstall notCaptcha (including your config), backup your custom pictures

if you have applied changes to your config and want to keep it, change the variable name from "$modSettings['notCaptcha']['notcaptcha_imagesize']" to "$modSettings['notCaptcha']['imagesize']"

Thanks .. Updated..

Did you make any changes for the Modifications.english.php file ??

xrunner

I tried it for the SMF default theme - core and I don't see the pictures, but I do see the sliders.

fr3aker

one new string to the lang file for the 1.03 update:
$txt['notcaptcha_error_cookie'] = '<strong>ERROR</strong>: Cookie not set. Make sure temporary cookies are allowed and try again.';

@ xrunner:

Does the standard SMF captcha work for you, or doesnt i show up either? If no, have a look at my post here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=420832.msg2944885#msg2944885

Also try accessing the picture directly, it should give an error message.

aw06

Quote from: fr3aker on February 13, 2011, 10:08:56 AM
one new string to the lang file for the 1.03 update:
$txt['notcaptcha_error_cookie'] = '<strong>ERROR</strong>: Cookie not set. Make sure temporary cookies are allowed and try again.';

Kool., updated 8)

xrunner

Quote from: fr3aker on February 13, 2011, 10:08:56 AM
Does the standard SMF captcha work for you, or doesnt i show up either?

Yes everything works fine except for the mod. It shows sliders but no pictures.

Also try accessing the picture directly, it should give an error message.

I do not understand what you are asking.

fr3aker

try accessing yourpage/index.php?action=notCaptcha&i=1 and look what error pops up (you need to access the register form right before, else you will get a session error)

Mari-chi

:D Great mod! :P I spent the last five minutes doing the notCaptcha image rotation questions. XD

<3!

aw06

I have had no spam bot hit me as yet ...  8) Plus registration is kinda fun now lol

xrunner

Quote from: fr3aker on February 13, 2011, 11:49:52 AM
try accessing yourpage/index.php?action=notCaptcha&i=1 and look what error pops up (you need to access the register form right before, else you will get a session error)

"session error"

Here's the test forum I'm using, see for yourself -

http://www.atheistthinktank.net/test/index.php?action=register

fr3aker

err, well...

i get redirected to the login page when i try to access the image directly: http://www.atheistthinktank.net/test/index.php?action=notCaptcha&i=2

QuoteOnly registered members are allowed to access this section.
Please login below or register an account with ATT Test Forum.

maybe there is a conflict with some other mod you are using.

xrunner

"Only registered members are allowed to access this section.
Please login below or register an account with ATT Test Forum."

That only means the boards are not visible to guests!

You mean you can't get to the registration page from here - I can, so I don't understand why you can't -

http://www.atheistthinktank.net/test/index.php

fr3aker

i can visit the registration form, but as soon as i try accessing the image-url (as posted above), i get redirected to the login form instead of seeing the image or an error message.

xrunner

Quote from: fr3aker on February 13, 2011, 12:29:00 PM
i can visit the registration form, but as soon as i try accessing the image-url (as posted above), i get redirected to the login form instead of seeing the image or an error message.

Right - the mod doesn't work, that's what I'm telling you. If I remove the mod there is nothing wrong and the registration works like normal. Yea sure some other mod might be conflicting with it but I would assume you would not want your mod conflicting with other mods. Anyway, I'm just reporting what I see. The images don't appear but the sliders do...

Advertisement: