SMF 1.1.13, SMF 2.0 RC4 Security Patch, and SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 5

Started by Norv, February 11, 2011, 03:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anglis

Not sure why can't I upload this patch. I was always using upload as a package option, but now out of a sudden it gives me this error message:

QuoteCould not upload package, please check directory permissions!
I haven't changed anything, haven't moved host - any ideas what could possibly cause this?

I am also not able to update it automatically due of

QuoteForbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.mydomainname.com Port 80
I guess this message I am getting due of the fact that my server doesn't support apache mod which has to be enabled in order to use automatic forum update?

Is there a way around this? I am hosting my forum on one of the hostgator accounts.

Arantor

Please open a topic in the relevant support board, this is NOT a support thread.

Anglis

Illori

it is not recommended to use RC4 on new installs, RC5 is released.

IchBin™

Quote from: Dr.Plutyyon on February 21, 2011, 12:01:37 AM
hello,how download RC4 forum?

If you need it to fix something you can get it from the downloads page by clicking on the archive link in the left menu. As was mentioned though, highly recommended that you upgrade as soon as possible.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Masterd

If you don't want to upgrade then install the Security Patch. 

Northtech

[url=http link]http link[/url] - underline: ok

[ftp=ftp link]ftp link[/ftp] - underline: ?

[email=email link]email link[/email] - underline: ?

Arantor

Northtech if you have a support issue please open a topic in the relevant support board, this is not a support thread.

mannyRUA

Quote from: diablo3x.dk on February 17, 2011, 04:03:38 AM
I'm not gonna complain about you not releasing 2.0 Final. Has not even crossed my mind. I think everybody should realize that you do whatever you can, to get 2.0 Final out. People need to remember the fact that developing SMF actually is not your full time job - though it seems like you put a lot of time in this project. By now we should indeed have confidence that 2.0 is in good hands. Take your time. No rush.

So I'm gonna stay positive and just thank you for your hard work - looking forward to 2.0 Final :)

One of the better comments in this topic.

Thanks to all involved for the update.

TheMortician4

Quote from: Arantor on February 23, 2011, 07:55:47 AM
Northtech if you have a support issue please open a topic in the relevant support board, this is not a support thread.

Okay, So where is or do we have a support thread for this, as I still can not pload the patch or the upgrade without a corruption error message

Bigguy

Arantor

As in, go to the right board and start a new topic. Your question was already split off into a new topic once before, please ask there!

TheMortician4

Quote from: Arantor on February 28, 2011, 03:51:49 PM
As in, go to the right board and start a new topic. Your question was already split off into a new topic once before, please ask there!

link?

Arantor

Which version of SMF, since there's a board for 1.x Support and a board for 2.x Support...?

IchBin™

Quote from: TheMortician4 on March 02, 2011, 12:07:07 PM
Quote from: Arantor on February 28, 2011, 03:51:49 PM

link?

All you have to do is look on the board index under the category called "Support".
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php#c3
IchBin™        TinyPortal

SlammedDime

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

sjambi

Hi, I've just join the forum.
We use SMF at work, and I've recently upgraded to smf 1.1.13.
I'm wondering if I need to install smf 2.0 RC4 or RC5.
What is the difference between smf 1.1.x and smf 2.0?
Is smf 2.0 another package or it's extended to smf 1.1?

Appreciate you help!
Sahar

Masterd

SMF 2.0 is a whole new version of SMF. It have more features than SMF 1.1.x.

sjambi

Thanks, for immediate response.
So, my question now is ..
How can I upgrade from smf 1.1.x to smf 2.0 RC5 while keeping my old mysql database?
Thanks!
Sahar

Advertisement: