SMF 1.1.13, SMF 2.0 RC4 Security Patch, and SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 5

Started by Norv, February 11, 2011, 03:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

But you have know idea what is going on with THIS transfer. That's the important part. If you knew you would not be saying what you are.

Kindred

exactly.

I don't care what experience you migth have or have had...    you know absolutely nothing about this situation and every time you try to sound smart or tell us how things "should be" you just dig yourself a deeper hole.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

klumy

Illori

Quote from: klumy on March 13, 2011, 07:50:44 AM
is RC5 the last version before final?

Ideally, but it depends on how long it takes to convert to NPO.

klumy

Robert.

Michele

Quote from: TheMortician4 on March 12, 2011, 11:54:11 AM
I Love this software, and the support has been stellar, I do not like vbulletin, and quite frankly, none of the others are as well supported as well as customizable.

SMF will remain the best free system I have yet to see and I have been around since BBS's. The free exchange of information and software was the motto for RBBS back in the early 80's when PC's first hit the market.  SMF has punched through the competition, while still maintaining that same message. For me, and with this economy the way it is today, it allows us lesser fortunate to make an impact on the .net and deliver great content with a prize winning package.

Keep up the great work guys....!!!!

OMG, I haven't heard the name of RBBS in a long time... I started my BBS with that, but eventually switched to PCBoard... and yeah, SMF is the best I've seen... been with it since it was YaBBSE.

Nice to see someone else remembers RBBS!
Have fun, Michele
Dubito ergo cogito ergo sum

Clara Listensprechen

Quote from: Michele on March 13, 2011, 11:25:04 PM
Quote from: TheMortician4 on March 12, 2011, 11:54:11 AM
I Love this software, and the support has been stellar, I do not like vbulletin, and quite frankly, none of the others are as well supported as well as customizable.

SMF will remain the best free system I have yet to see and I have been around since BBS's. The free exchange of information and software was the motto for RBBS back in the early 80's when PC's first hit the market.  SMF has punched through the competition, while still maintaining that same message. For me, and with this economy the way it is today, it allows us lesser fortunate to make an impact on the .net and deliver great content with a prize winning package.

Keep up the great work guys....!!!!

OMG, I haven't heard the name of RBBS in a long time... I started my BBS with that, but eventually switched to PCBoard... and yeah, SMF is the best I've seen... been with it since it was YaBBSE.

Nice to see someone else remembers RBBS!
Have fun, Michele

You're not alone. In addition, I remember FIDO, WWIV, RIME, Un'I, Wildcat, Spitfire, Silly Little Mail Reader, Blue Wave and those ubiquitous QWK packets. Good times. :)
I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

jestism

Quote from: Illori on March 13, 2011, 08:13:28 AM
Quote from: klumy on March 13, 2011, 07:50:44 AM
is RC5 the last version before final?

Ideally, but it depends on how long it takes to convert to NPO.

OK.. not trying to be a "Smart A".... First I love SMF forum software and have been running the 1.1.x version for my forum for 3 years. (over 12K members, over 14K threads, over 230K posts, database size over 1.1 gig, and over 5,865,472 attachments.

What I want to ask (because I have been waiting to upgrade until the Version 2 was no longer a "beta") is can I consider, based on your comment (not on a commitment) that 2.0 RC5 is considered stable enough for a production/live forum. (as you can see I have a lot at risk if it doesn't go well or is unstable)

I apologize in advance if the wording of this question offends anyone, as that is not intended. I am only trying to get/have a "warm-fuzzy" feeling about the 2.0 RC5 before putting my forum at risk.

Thank-you for all you guys do and all of your hard work.
Mike

Joshua Dickerson

I consider RC5 to be very stable. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be running on this website.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Road Rash Jr.

I have 25 "production" forums running SMF 2.0 RC5 in various configurations. Nothing is broke and they are all stable IMHO.
Before you make the upgrade you will want to assure that all your mods and themes are compatable because if they are not, they can cause problems.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Clara Listensprechen

Quote from: Road Rash on March 14, 2011, 07:43:48 PM
...Before you make the upgrade you will want to assure that all your mods and themes are compatable because if they are not, they can cause problems.

That's exactly the beef I have with it. All the cool mods work only on other versions. :P
I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

Arantor

And most mods for RC3 will work on RC5 without much fuss and virtually all RC4 mods will work - version emulate is your friend.

Kindred

Honestly, I don't know any 1.1.x mod that I can imagine installing that doesn't exist as either a mod or a feature on 2.0...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Clara Listensprechen

Quote from: Arantor on March 14, 2011, 08:38:12 PM
And most mods for RC3 will work on RC5 without much fuss and virtually all RC4 mods will work - version emulate is your friend.
My board's 2RC2. Yeah--already been down that road. ;)

netsmith2012

I would like to see the release notes for 1.1.13 but I can't find them.
Do they exist ?
thank you.

IchBin™

IchBin™        TinyPortal

netsmith2012

I did look there before posting. I don't see change logs on the download page.
And I even downloaded the zip file for the 1.1.13 file and did not see it in there (I may have not known what file name to look for)

Advertisement: