SMF 1.1.13, SMF 2.0 RC4 Security Patch, and SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 5

Started by Norv, February 11, 2011, 03:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

by Offline Norv     * Lead Developer     * SMF Super Hero
However as the upgrade process is a hassle for some administrators a security-only patch for RC4 is also being made available. This patch only contains the security fixes, for admins who wish to secure their RC4 forum but may not want to do a complete upgrade. It is a simple package that can be installed quickly via the SMF package manager and should not break any existing RC4 themes and mods.
Please find this patch here: SMF 2.0 RC4 Security Patch.

I must be cursed.
Didn't work.
There is not a parse for it, to allow a manual install.
Hmmm.
Thanks in advance for any assistance that might be offered.
Take Care,
Cloud
PS Ubber cool, can't attach the screen shot of the failure.
Told you I am cursed.
Here are the words
"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF"
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Arantor

Siirist

Quote from: Arantor on March 18, 2011, 06:33:59 AM
What, exactly, are you trying to parse?

The upgrade to RC5 itself cannot be parsed; it is not a mod style package. But the RC4 patch can be - http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/index.php?action=upgrade;file=smf_patch_2.0-RC4_security.zip;smf_version=2.0%20RC4

Sweet :D

Thanks Arantor. I will manually install the RC4 security patch.

Take Care,
Cloud
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

dzembak

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: dzembak on March 23, 2011, 03:58:14 AM
Quote from: Yağız... on February 11, 2011, 04:14:07 PM
I think someone forget the update package for SMF 1.1.13 :P
Does not work for me too on my 1.1.13
What do you mean? I updated one 1.1.12 install through the admin panel link without any problems.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

dzembak

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That would be because that is the RC4 security patch - For 2.0 RC4. The update patch for 1.1.12 is called "SMF 1.0.21 / 1.1.13 Update"
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

dzembak

Quote from: LexArmaThe update patch for 1.1.12 is called "SMF 1.0.21 / 1.1.13 Update"
Ups... It`s seems I just misunderstood... Is that security patch too? Please, post the link to it, if it is. Can find it...
My forum is hardly attacked by spamers lately, so I was looking for any update to solve it.

Arantor

1.1.13 contains the same patches for 1.1.x as the patch for 2.0 RC4 does in the 2.0 line.

It won't cure being attacked by spammers, nothing generic can - but there are combinations of mods you can try (like httpBL, Forum Firewall etc)

Kindred

in other words... it you are already running 1.1.13, you are all set.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hectorf

I'm very impatient to see the SMF 2.0 final release!!

Do you have any guess/idea about the release date? If you don't, thanks anyway ;)

Illori

there will be no release date "released" it will be released when it is ready to be released and not any sooner.

Eleglin

Quote from: Illori on March 25, 2011, 05:40:39 AM
there will be no release date "released" it will be released when it is ready to be released and not any sooner.
I'm not sure this is a very serious response.

Anyway I hope that in future:
- future versions will come with a little more transparency.
- that the prototypes will no longer remain as R.C. for X months (or years)
No support by PM or Mail.

Illori

that is a serious reply, smf does not set deadlines that are public. they also do not stick to deadlines that may be set as issues may come up. releases will be released when and if they are ready to happen, not when a date is set.

Eleglin

Problems can still occur. Even after the final release ... That is why patches exist.
A date must be fixed at one time or another. If deadlines can not be required (3 years after the release of the first beta), it's still disturbing.

petabyte

Quote from: Eleglin on March 25, 2011, 07:03:50 AM
Problems can still occur. Even after the final release ... That is why patches exist.
A date must be fixed at one time or another. If deadlines can not be required (3 years after the release of the first beta), it's still disturbing.

Illori's answer is the only answer you'll get from here.  It will not change.

Illori

Quote from: Eleglin on March 25, 2011, 07:03:50 AM

they may have a date but it will never be released to the public and they will not release if the code is not ready on a date they may have set. they will do things their way and there is no changing that. you will get the release when they are good and ready and not a day sooner.

Eleglin

Give an approximate date would allow users to organize for an update.
Is it serious to let people refine their themes or their installations for the RC 5 if the final version is released 15 days later ?
Personally, I find  thant a clear information - after 5 years of development and 3 years of beta / RC - would not be a bad thing. Informing users, is also a way of showing his interest for the community.

But this is only my point of view of course...

Illori

and if smf did not keep to releasing on that date there will be a lot of upset people that have prepared to update on that day to now have nothing to do. the way things are done and not going to change.

Advertisement: