News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Final Version of SMF 2?

Started by XtcruleZ, February 13, 2011, 10:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XtcruleZ

Can i get a no BS assessment of when the FINAL version of SMF 2 will be released? I got tired of waiting for it and decided to go with another Forum software, and TBH i miss SMF. I just got tired of having to redo my mods each time a new RC was released. Do you guys have a solid time-table as to when it will be finished please?

Mari-chi

This topic should not be in 2.x Support. Also, as it has been said numerous times, 2.0 will come out when it's good and ready. :D

Spoogs

Quote from: XtcruleZ on February 13, 2011, 10:58:19 PM
Can i get a no BS assessment of when the FINAL version of SMF 2 will be released? I got tired of waiting for it and decided to go with another Forum software, and TBH i miss SMF. I just got tired of having to redo my mods each time a new RC was released. Do you guys have a solid time-table as to when it will be finished please?
Simple answer is no
for a better understanding feel free to do a search

Matthew K.

There is no set date, and no relative date as far as I know, as a bunch of it is caught up on legal stuff. But keep track of the bugs in the tracker, the fewer bugs, the closer it gets.

XtcruleZ

Quote from: Mari-chi on February 13, 2011, 11:03:22 PM
This topic should not be in 2.x Support. Also, as it has been said numerous times, 2.0 will come out when it's good and ready. :D

Where should it be? When its good and ready??....sorry to sound bitter, but ive been away from SMF for almost a year now and i came back in hopes that a final version would be done by now....but im still getting the same "when its ready" answers.

Bigguy

That will be the only answer you get. Not to sound rude or anything but SMF does not put a release date on new versions. Once legal stuff is over with it will be out. :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That answer is still, sadly, pretty much all you can get as to a timeline.
But to clear up some of it, 2.0 RC5 is final material already IMO, so there shouldn't be much delay from development side of things,
and so it all now pends on legal issues regarding our switch from LLC to NPO, and the new license 2.0 will be released under.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

XtcruleZ

Thanks for the reply's guys. So the coding is at least finished and its now just legal issues that need to be ironed out? If that is true, that gives me renewed hope. I started out with SMF and have since tried a few others yet i still miss the ease of how everything "just works like it should" with SMF and am REALLY looking forward to using it again....i just cant do anymore "RC's"

willerby

I know the feeling XT having been through the upgrade stress too many times. But we're nearly there now - RC5 rocks and has to be final shortly.

Good to hear of the experiences of those who jumped ship and missing SMF. Grass is greener and all that.
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

Advertisement: